·
Registered
7,791 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
NICE!!

I need to go back and look at all his mods.

·
Registered
7,791 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The performance mods are the ProCharger of course, but it has been upgraded with a smaller pulley and is running 9 psi max boost. It has the new SPEC clutch setup. Car also has a full Bassani headers, off-road x-pipe and cat-back. Also just changed up to 3.73 gears.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
The performance mods are the ProCharger of course, but it has been upgraded with a smaller pulley and is running 9 psi max boost. It has the new SPEC clutch setup. Car also has a full Bassani headers, off-road x-pipe and cat-back. Also just changed up to 3.73 gears.
Awesome, you saved me the trouble.

I never looked further into it, but I'm guessing that extra pound of boost coupled with the exhaust is what got him to 461rwhp. I think Procharger advertises 42xrwhp @ 8lbs on an otherwise stock system.

If I had the opportunity, I'd ask my tuner to bump up the boost a lb also. I wouldnt go any higher than 9lb unless it was proven.

But this is the exact setup I'd like. SC, Headers/exhaust, 3.73's (I've got), and an Aluminum Driveshaft. Good stuff right there. kudos to Glenn. I'm hoping he shows just how tough the 3.7L is. (despite someone's engine recently going boom)

·
Registered
7,791 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Awesome, you saved me the trouble.

I never looked further into it, but I'm guessing that extra pound of boost coupled with the exhaust is what got him to 461rwhp. I think Procharger advertises 42xrwhp @ 8lbs on an otherwise stock system.

If I had the opportunity, I'd ask my tuner to bump up the boost a lb also. I wouldnt go any higher than 9lb unless it was proven.

But this is the exact setup I'd like. SC, Headers/exhaust, 3.73's (I've got), and an Aluminum Driveshaft. Good stuff right there. kudos to Glenn. I'm hoping he shows just how tough the 3.7L is. (despite someone's engine recently going boom)
The pulley change would have netted more boost except the exhaust reduced the backpressure costing a little boost and of course if he was able to safely run the revs higher there would have been more boost but the ProCharger tune doesn't move the rev limit and is actually all through at 6850.

ProCharger is advertising the crank HP at 475 or more...:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
27 Posts
Looks like fun!!!:worship

·
Registered
269 Posts
I really like the sound of V6. Very VR6 esq.

What suspension mods did he do? I have the MCA but w/o the GT suspension. The Suspension on the V6 is very soft (to me). I can't see pushing that much power through the car with the stock v6 suspension.

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
I can't wait to see how his times differ at the 1/4 mile track with the 3.73's.

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
If he can get good enough traction and launch hard enough he might get his 11 second slip that he wants so bad...:bigthumbsup
I hope so. I think I'm going to cheat to get there. I have an old Nitrous Express kit up in the attic from my RSX. 15 lb bottle, lines, relays etc. I'm thinking about installing it with a 75 shot nozzle.

·
Registered
7,791 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I hope so. I think I'm going to cheat to get there. I have an old Nitrous Express kit up in the attic from my RSX. 15 lb bottle, lines, relays etc. I'm thinking about installing it with a 75 shot nozzle.
Sell the giggle gas kit and buy more mods to get you the power you need.

It'd be flirting with disaster trying to run the bottle and the procharger...:nono:

·
Registered
1,319 Posts

Have you run the 1/4 with your current setup yet?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts