Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im curious to hear dyno numbers from anyone with the 2011+ V6 procharger system. I just had mine dynoed to get some baseline numbers (soon will be getting it tuned after my tuner has time to read the procharger tune and see what can be done) and we did 3 pulls in 3rd, up to about 6000 rpm. First was 371.5 hp, second was 372 hp, and third was 371.5. Right now I have the 8psi procharger tune.

So, do those numbers seem about right? And is there plenty of power I can still get from the dyno tune? I have 50lbs injectors on there. Id love to get around 420 hp.
The reason why I ask is because Im new to the tuning/dyno tuning area, and the guy who is doing the tuning hasnt done a supercharged V6 before, but has lots of experience with the GTs and GT500s. So he right now doesnt know how much more power can be squeezed out of it. Ive seen for sure a few online who have got it well past 400 hp.

Thanks

·
Registered
333 Posts
If stock exhaust system, getting rid of cats and getting high flow mufflers will do you wonders with FI. If you play with spark table and a/f ratio a little i am sure you can break 400hp but with 8psi i honestly have no idea what the limits are. Might have to bump up the boost, but if that is a base tune, you normally have at least 25hp play if not more from my experience with bolt on kits.

E

·
0 Posts
Well the procharger is supposed to get you 50-60% over stock. So technically if you look at stock numbers as a whole and go conservative then that would be a gross increase of around 152HP at the crank.

You figure there is some loss to the wheels stock is somewhere around 250-260HP at the wheels, so somewhere around an 18% loss from the advertised 305HP

I know this is basic but if you figure the best case scenerio for the 50-60% increase on your 305 rated 3.7liter would be 452HP roughly minus 18% comes to a hair over 370HP at the wheels.... To me it sounds about right. and your torque should be somewhere around 14-15% loss more or less depending on tranny, gears etc...

But it sounds right. And you can certainly squeeze a little more out with some other mods (exhaust, injectors, larger throttle body, smaller SC pulley to increase boost a little).

420HP at the wheels is attainable but I am not sure how much more unless you get that thing custom tuned and add some or all the mods above if you do not have them already.

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
I have the full.kit with no cats and with my dyno tune I made 409rwhp on 8psi. there's a lot more in her. get rid of that tune

·
Registered
91 Posts
421hp at the wheels was my best run. Mods in my signature.

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
American muscle. its the axle exchange one

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the responses, and as I look at it all, 370 does seem to be about right...for now!

And yeah that procharger tune will come out asap, I'll update on those numbers when that comes!

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Thanks for the responses, and as I look at it all, 370 does seem to be about right...for now!

And yeah that procharger tune will come out asap, I'll update on those numbers when that comes!
you running stock exhaust? and your making full 8psi at 7000 rpms?

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
you running stock exhaust? and your making full 8psi at 7000 rpms?
Yeah stock other than the axel backs. its set at 8 psi, which is what came from procharger, but I dont think we made it up to that...I dont recall exactly what psi we made.

·
Registered
1,995 Posts

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Yeah stock other than the axel backs. its set at 8 psi, which is what came from procharger, but I dont think we made it up to that...I dont recall exactly what psi we made.
just curious because with 14 degrees of timing which is low at 6000 rpms I made about that much. with 16* at 7000rpms we got 409rwhp mind you the weather was hot as hell

·
Registered
378 Posts
I made 410 RWHP at 16 deg. WOT at 7000 rpm. Automatic trans, in November. After about 6 months, cats were plugged so I punched them out and got 409 in June. Going for much more now. The Procharger tune is very conservative, from what I understand, and temp and barometric pressure matter alot. I have 60 lb injectors. FWIW.

·
Registered
219 Posts
I made 430 on stock car with 91 Procharger tune Manual trans. Automatic will make less. They have been coming in around 410. The stock tune is conservative. Dynos can vary with altitude and their calibration for correction. But 60 RWHP seems like a lot to me.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts