Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im installing a new procharger and im running into a problem with the belt rubbing the belt tensioner bracket. It appears to me that the belt is to short cause i had to force it on with the tensioner full retracted. it should be straight down and somewhat below the crank pully. But insted it up near the fan pully. So its only three things
. short belt, Correct PN on belt and on packing list
. short front SC bracket, Correct PN stamped on bracket and packjing list
. over size crank pully, I didnt look into this yet

Also the SC itself touches the inner fender slighly.

Anybody run into this? Install is pretty straight forward since it bolts up to all stock locations

Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
85 Posts
Hey fixtureman,
I have a Procharger on a 302 in a '65 Fastback. I will get some pics and post them this afternoon. Maybe they will help. :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
85 Posts
65-1 001.jpg

65-1 002.jpg

65-1 003.jpg

65-1 004.jpg

fixtureman,
I hope these help. If there is a specific angle or pic you need let me know. As far as the head hitting the inner fender mine is close but the inner fender has been relieved...by a hammer.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
View attachment 133274

View attachment 133275

View attachment 133276

View attachment 133277

fixtureman,
I hope these help. If there is a specific angle or pic you need let me know. As far as the head hitting the inner fender mine is close but the inner fender has been relieved...by a hammer.
LOL thats the same way I was gonna " Relieved " mine too!! Its just touching it!
If i could get the tentioner to drop down it would fit under the bracket like yours. I have to struggle with the belt just to get it on with tentioner all the way up near the fan pulley. belt length is 68.5 in. is this right?

·
Registered
85 Posts
I have a spare belt in the tool box and it measures 59 1/2". Different set-ups I would think calls for a different length belt. I have changed the belt on mine and found it to be easier to un-bolt the head from the bracket, put the belt around the pulley and re-bolt the head to the bracket. Then adjust the tensioner. Trying to leave everything bolted up just wasn't gonna work. Let me know how it goes or if there is anything else I can do. Steve

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have a spare belt in the tool box and it measures 59 1/2". Different set-ups I would think calls for a different length belt. I have changed the belt on mine and found it to be easier to un-bolt the head from the bracket, put the belt around the pulley and re-bolt the head to the bracket. Then adjust the tensioner. Trying to leave everything bolted up just wasn't gonna work. Let me know how it goes or if there is anything else I can do. Steve
I noticed that you shimmed out the front bracket. My head pulley actually sat behind crank pulley by 1/4 inch. so i turned 4 new spacers .25 longer than were supplied to match up perfectly. Even still if i drop head and throw on belt it still rubs tensioner bracket. I looks like your belt passes under the bracket. Mine rubs across it! :madas:

Thanks for chatting

·
Registered
85 Posts
I see what you are saying. I forgot to mention that mine is an '86 model 302 block. So I would think the bracketry (if that is a word) is a little different than mine. Like was mentioned before, give ATI a call. I am sure they can help. Sorry I couldn't be more help. Let me know how it goes. Good Luck! Steve

1 - 10 of 10 Posts