Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey my new procharger is supposed to come tomorrow:hihi:. i was just wondering if any of u guys have done the install yourself. Just trying to decide if i dare do it myself or if i should have a shop do it. there aren't many good shops in the area.

·
Super Moderator
8,279 Posts
BRUTE, I'm definitely not quaified to say its a do it yourself job, but before installing it I would seek input to find out if there are other mods needed such as high strength head studs and aluminum drive shaft.

I also dont believe I welcomed you to AFM. Good to see you on board.

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
if youre like me, you dont like too many ppl messin with your car. seems like a do it yourself with the manual and all but i would def wait till you got some input from guys on here that have the same app. good luck and let us know wat happens.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
BRUTE, I'm definitely not quaified to say its a do it yourself job, but before installing it I would seek input to find out if there are other mods needed such as high strength head studs and aluminum drive shaft.

I also dont believe I welcomed you to AFM. Good to see you on board.
Thanks 4 the welcome bro. maybe i am wrong but the way i understood it u can run the stage one kit pretty safely without the new studs and driveshaft. it is the stage one kit. i know the stock driveshaft may break at speeds above 115 mph, but i was gonna change to an aluminum driveshaft later, and just behave myself and not go over 115. but if anyone knows for sure any input would be appreciated, don't wanna mess stuff up.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
if youre like me, you dont like too many ppl messin with your car. seems like a do it yourself with the manual and all but i would def wait till you got some input from guys on here that have the same app. good luck and let us know wat happens.
ya totally hate havin someone i don't know work on it. i'm livin in a small town and there aren't many shops to choose from and ive had bad experience with most of them:mad:. and u never know what they've really done. hopefully i can do this myself.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
C'mon somebody has to have done it.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ya so my procharger came and it's missin some parts so i ended up sendin it back and gettin my money back.:frustrated: oh well it's a couple grand i will have to blow on other stuff.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.