Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What might be the deal. When I was at the NMRAs there was a guy with a Bullit and he had my same kit and he said something about his fuel pressure was kinda bouncing around a little and i think he said he may has some surging issues while cruising. But a guy in an 05 said he was a Ford tech and he said it should be fixed by a simple problem which was a sensor right there on the driver side fuel rail. He said sometimes they get a little spastic and to just replace it and it would be all good. Does that sound like the right answer? I mean its like the car takes off fine but between idle and 2500-3000 it surges, I shift and it does the same. But I broke off an SS Camaro saturday night in Hardinburg when I ran a 8.28. There really dont seem to be any issues at WOT that I can tell anyways. Whats the deal?

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
if you changed your fuel pump, the sensor still thinks you have the old one (I think) example at WOT stock 255lph fuel pump VS Procharger 305lph FP @ WOT= sensor thinking its still 255lph but when it gets that extra fuel it surges.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
lcurle said:
if you changed your fuel pump, the sensor still thinks you have the old one (I think) example at WOT stock 255lph fuel pump VS Procharger 305lph FP @ WOT= sensor thinking its still 255lph but when it gets that extra fuel it surges.

Well the stock fuel pump isnt 255lph i dont think but the one that Procharger sent was the 255lph pump.

G

·
I had a problem with mine when I was tuning it and it was my MAF. I could barely drive the car at part throttle because it would surge so bad, but it would run like a raped ape at WOT. The MAF has at lot to do with fuel pressure. If the signal that the MAF is sending to the computer is jacked then the fuel pressure will be all over the place. We put a fuel pressure gauge on my car while it was on the dyno and then proceeded to mess with part throttle and the fuel pressure was all over the place. I seriously doubt that it's the electronic fuel pressure regulator on the rail. Our fuel pressure isn't raised that much from stock with the procharger pump. Plus you only see that extra fuel pressure under boost anyways. I think it should go to about 50 psi depending on what boost you run at. The pump flows a lot more at the same fuel pressure. It doesn't raise the fuel pressure dramatically.

What MAF are you using?

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Its the stock MAF. He said is easier on him tuning with the stock MAF. But I need a new one cause mine was begging up around 5000rpms. So he suggested that I run a SCT Big Air MAF. He says he doesnt really trust other aftermarket MAFs cause they dont seem to be as accurate as stock. They arent as steady of readings as the stock and supposedly the SCT is made by the same people that built the ones for Ford. I am only running the 8psi kit but I am only seeing 7psi. I am thinking of throwing on the 10psi pulley and hoping for 8 or 9psi.

But I know there are a few different sizes when it comes to the SCT Big Air but I dunno which I would need.

Also do you have the AFM Power pipe? And if so how much did it help you if at all?

G

·
Boost is just air backed up in the intake manifold. You are just problaby flowing more air... That's a good thing. Well I was pegging my stock MAF with the 8 PSI kit with the 3 core intercooler. It's up to you man. I saw more boost then you though. Sometimes I would see upwards of 11 PSI on a really cold day at 6000 RPMs.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Mana4Real said:
Boost is just air backed up in the intake manifold. You are just problaby flowing more air... That's a good thing. Well I was pegging my stock MAF with the 8 PSI kit with the 3 core intercooler. It's up to you man. I saw more boost then you though. Sometimes I would see upwards of 11 PSI on a really cold day at 6000 RPMs.
Did you have the AFM Power Pipe too though? And if you had it, did it help?

Hey also, I just finished hooking up my water/meth kit and I need a good place to hook up for power with ign. on. Where is a good easy place to get to without having to tear the dash apart or take a hole bunch of crap apart just to get to the wire. Also I would LOVE to have it be under the hood but if I must run it back into the car passenger compartment that is fine too.

G

·
There are these little connectors that run under fuses and stick out a connector so you can run a wire to it. Go out and buy some and then run the wire that way. I did not have the power pipe, I really wanted one though.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Mana4Real said:
There are these little connectors that run under fuses and stick out a connector so you can run a wire to it. Go out and buy some and then run the wire that way. I did not have the power pipe, I really wanted one though.
But where is all that at? Under the fuse box under the hood? WHat kind of connectors are you talking about cause I never saw anything like that?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.