Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
thinking of buying the ProCharger but would it work with my nitrous Zex system...for all i know...75hp is the lowest and is it even safe without blowing out my engine?????.....the reason why i want to put 2 together is so i can see more smoke and tire's screaming at the stop sign :eyepoppin oh and take bets to see if i could beat a Porsche

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
stangracer said:
thinking of buying the ProCharger but would it work with my nitrous Zex system...for all i know...75hp is the lowest and is it even safe without blowing out my engine?????.....the reason why i want to put 2 together is so i can see more smoke and tire's screaming at the stop sign :eyepoppin oh and take bets to see if i could beat a Porsche
well, heck even my v6 could be beat my Porsche... the Boxster is just not that fast... LOL!!!

Ok.. back to your question... I don't know abou the 75HP shot... but I've been told you can find the lower HP jets on Ebay... so you can start out with something smaller than 75HP...

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
how much psi do you plan on running with the s/c? I would limit the total output to no more than 500 at the tires. The tune is the most important thing you need to worry about, also how often are you going to to mash the pedal and hit the juice. I would speak to a good tuner and get some solid advice. BTW, I would want to be able to beat a new Ford GT not a Porshe.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Put a procharger on there you will be happy!!! You can add the wet shot but the bottom half of the engine isn't going to hold up. I already broke my driveshaft. I have a 125 wet shot but never going to use it, Had it laying around so go the fuel rail piece and installed it. I'm happy with just the procharger on there.

·
Registered
5,003 Posts
If you ease into it (which is hardly the point) you'll be fine. But if you drive like most of us do, hard acceleration, ripping in gears you'll granade your bottom end one not so beautiful day while doing it... if you're lucky the rear end or drive shaft will give first, if not you're looking at a $4K tranny or shortblock job... if you're really lucky when it gives you have an accident and need body work too... or get a piece of a bearing etc. in your blower and heads and is looking at a $10K job... uh... I luv to play the devils advocate... :rolleyes:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts