Ford Mustang Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have finished my install on the Procharger P1sc with intercooler on my 93 foxbody. I installed factory Procharger kit with bypass valve and an Anderson Power Pipe was also included. I have heard from several people that i can move my MAF to the inlet side of the SC ijust want to make sure. I have recently had horrible tuning issues. I am running a C&L 76mm maf calibrated for matching injectors. I finally unplugged the maf and this really woke the car up and seemed to solve my tuning issues which makes me wonder if i should relocate to inlet or inner driver side fender (procharger remember) Also I was told i could install a blow of valve instead and i have one lying around because the procharger bypass valve doesnt seem to be working properly. Thanks for all the help guys!!

·
Registered
978 Posts
Yes, you can put your mass in front of the inlet of the S/C. But the blow off valve needs to be in front of the mass air if you are gone to vent it to the atmosphere. do you see the problem?
If you put the blowoff after the mass then it will let out metered air and cause issues when you let off the gas or slam the throttle shut. Really if you get it tuned with the C&L it should work fine as a blow through if you are not gone to get a tune. the Pro-m meter is much better. I have had issues with the C&L meters time and time again and even worse when you try to throw boost at them without being tuned.

·
Registered
978 Posts
Have you tried clocking the mass air if different places? how much straight pipe before the meter and how much after? What is the car doing?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes I have clocked it every way possible until I finally just unplugged jt and it started running like a champ today...approx 10" before TB and its approximate 6" after a bend...I know the Pro M would be better but with an 11 month old daughter budget is a little tight. ...im with uedlose I believe I will be ok..I know this is a newbie question but if I get on accelerator pretty hard I notice very little grayish smoke from tail pipes...its not cutting out anymore but feels like im leaving some power on the table....timing is at 11*btdc and adjustableFPR is set at 40...any tips or suggestions? Thanks so much guys

·
Registered
978 Posts
the grey smoke may be just from a bit to much fuel when you hit it. it may just be washing the rings a touch. Keep a eye on the oil and see if it becomes very gas smelling if it does then you are gone to need to change it more often. Our turbo car blows out black/grey smoke when we hit it to and does it more when do a lot of cruising around then smack it. It dont worry me one bit. better a bit rich then lean. I am sure you are leaving some HP on the table until you get it tuned or have a way to tune you will.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
dpchug.gif

Found my culprit to be a malfunctioning bypass valve..although I see what u mean about the smoke and fuel smell in the oil. Man if u could only see my grin when I gouge it now :thankyou

1 - 6 of 6 Posts