Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dad gave me the Procharger he was running in his Dodge pickup. He said something about needing to move up from 12.5psi to 18-24psi or something like that. My question is can I buy the rest of the kit from procharger so I can put it in my 87 GT hatch? THe charger has less than 1000 miles on it so plus its coming from my dad so i know its good.

Thanks

·
Registered
4,521 Posts
You dont need to change anything in the P1SC, you need the brackets, pulley and piping and to tune it up, larger injectors, custom chip or FMU depending on the boost levels.
The "Base" P1SC kit delivers around 6psi of boost. You can run that level of boost with minor tuning, that is at least a larger fuel pump (155lph or a kenne bell boost a pump), and a FMU to adjust the fuel delivery under boost. But it is always better to tune it with a chip.

Now the problem, the bracketry is expensive, so my advice is sell the dodge kit and buy a Mustang kit...will be less expensive, trust me, been there done that. The kit has everything you will need.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info.. Im onlly getting the head unit so I dont have a whole kit to sell. This sucks!!!:sterb:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.