Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I want to start saving up for a supercharger for the Stang. I make about $330 a week and my car payment plus insurance a month is about $520. So its hard saving up money. But Im going to tuck away $50-75 a week, and save up for a supercharger.

Im up in the air what I should go for. RPM Outlet sells a whole Procharger set, I could do a 2 core or 3 core intercooler, satin or polish finish and blah blah for about $4,800. Or I could go with a Vortec S Trim for about the same. Im aiming for 10lbs of boost. But which system is better?

I probally wont get it until I get my tax money in Febuary i know its a long way but defiantley want to follow through with this. I was going to do Hitech stage 2s. But I decided to just save for a supercharger.

Also I have about 67k miles on my motor. How long until the motor (with a sc) does it start to get tired? Id like to buy a MMR shortblock after my motor sees a lot of miles. Thanks for the help guys. - Shaun

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
Shaun it's only my opinion, but I would go with the Pro-Charger over the Vortech. Reason being, save yourself the extra time of drilling and tapping a hole in your base pan, Mike. SCT Tuner.:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
5,431 Posts
Quick story for you bro, a guy came to the shop with a 99 Procharged Cobra with a broken clutch cable, the engine looked like it hadn't been cleaned in 2 years, the outside was nice but dirty as well, once the cable was fixed we for the heck of it threw it on the Dyno cause it sounded like a caged beast!
Get ready for this.. It put down 639 RWHP!! I was in shock!!
Go with a Procharger or Vortech V-3 with internal lubrication!:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
6,048 Posts
I like the V3 system by Vortech, but if i were to buy a blower- i would prob go with P1SC Procharger. I looked at Vortech because i found a bunch of deals at the time, but i just was not able to purchase one. Prochargers prob make more power, and they sound WAY crazier! Don't base your choice off something like sound, but i am sorry- that sounds way better then a T/S supercharger whine.

·
Registered
413 Posts
T

I disagree, my T Trim is nasty sounding at idle, my buddys Pro doesnt make near as much noise, BUT it depends on what size pulley you have too, I noticed when I changed a couple of pulleys that at idle the whine was up and down,

With that said I wouldnt buy a charger just cuz the noise, both chargers with the same boost and cooler is going to make around the same power, I love my Vortech but I would probally by a Pro the next go around.

·
Registered
6,048 Posts
I disagree, my T Trim is nasty sounding at idle, my buddys Pro doesnt make near as much noise, BUT it depends on what size pulley you have too, I noticed when I changed a couple of pulleys that at idle the whine was up and down,

With that said I wouldnt buy a charger just cuz the noise, both chargers with the same boost and cooler is going to make around the same power, I love my Vortech but I would probally by a Pro the next go around.
Agreed, i forgot to mention the difference pullie sizes will make more or less noise. Yeah a T trim from the videos i have seen make it scream.. The old SQ trims are quiet as hell. At least from the videos i have seen, maybe the camera just sucked? Who knows, but regardless you can't go wrong with either.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
with the procharger if you change the pulley size you void the warranty. i bought prochargers extended one for an extra $50 so my head unit is covered for the next 3 years as long as i dont change pulleys. shaun if you want to go there is that car show i was talkign about tonight at the liberty tree mall. it starts at 5 and ill be there and afterwards im sure i could take you for a ride so you could get a feel for the procharger first hand.

i would definetely cough up the extra dough and go with the 3 core intercooler. the 2 core is limited to 8psi and leaves no room for inprovements in the future. oh and also, rpm outlet has a terrible reputation. i got my kit from ampperformance.com shipped to my house for $4,150. Now i got the tuner kit (so i had to buy the fuel pump, injectors, and have it dynoed), upgraded intercooler, and a set of ngk tr6's. i also got a 5% discount and an extra $25 off for registering. im not too sure if they still have those offers going but they have great customer service so i'm sure you could give them a call.

send me a pm if you want to go to the car show tonight.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.