Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone found a source for the final production numbers for the 2005 model year? I'm looking for the complete breakdown by color, model and options.

·
Registered
12,243 Posts
production numbers

I too am dying to find out the final production numbers, in particular GTs, V6s, Convertibles, and coupes. I would also be interested in knowing things like color and maybe the one option of the red leatehr interior (since I see ads for them as being "rare"). I personally am still skeptical that Ford actually hit the projected 192,000 unit goal they were trying to achieve (but who knows, maybe they did). If any one discovers this information, PLEASE OH PLEASE share it with us guys so eager to find out. :laughlitt

·
Registered
12,243 Posts
production numbers

Traditionally, when do production numbers get released by the manufacture? The 2005 model year ended in June 2005, which means we are half way through the 2006 model year. Things that make you go hhhmmmm.....

·
Registered
58 Posts
I've found them

I've found them last night. :clap

This is a TXT file that you can open with EXCEL, the data is separated with ",".

Attachments

·
Registered
3,065 Posts
there is only 1552 of me out there. :wavey

·
Registered
305 Posts
Kyle F said:
there is only 1552 of me out there. :wavey
Hey brother! I was hoping there were less, but oh well.

·
Registered
305 Posts
GT 2 Dr. Convertible,Satin Silver,Camel,Black Cloth,5 Spd Man'l TR3650 GT 4.6L,2. TWO (2)!! Anyone out there with this combo? If so, put that car in storage. As Napoleon Dynamite would say, Lucky!

·
Registered
358 Posts
Where are the numbers from?
I just want to know where you found them and if any other charts.

·
Registered
58 Posts
ixtlan said:
Where are the numbers from?
I just want to know where you found them and if any other charts.
The numbers are from the Blue Oval Forum and there was no charts.

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
I've been hoping these numbers would come out soon. Nice to know I'm 1 of 113. Thanks for the post.

·
Registered
12,243 Posts
production numbers

fbtwtf said:
I've found them last night. :clap

This is a TXT file that you can open with EXCEL, the data is separated with ",".
THANK YOU....THANK YOU....THANK...YOU!!!!! :clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap.

I was hoping to have a bit more of a rare combo, oh well, I happy with my 1 of 549!!!!!

·
Registered
419 Posts
Breakdown of Production Numbers

Based on the Production Numbers in the aforementioned spreadsheet. Here is a breakdown:
Total number of 2005 Mustangs produced = 160412 :eyepoppin

Of which, 42126 Convertibles & 118286 Coupe
and 99620 V6 to the 60692 GTs'

The most Popular Colors in order were
1) Black 27795
2) Satin Silver 21194
3) Torch Red 19869
4) Redfire 18627
5) Mineral Grey 17983
6) Performance White 14890
7) Windveil Blue 14393
8) Sonic Blue 9094
9) Yellow 8438
10) Legend Lime 8129

That will probably give you Legend Lime guys something to talk about in your registry.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Also, . . . There were 16978 produced with Red Interiors.
Which equates to about ~11% or approximately 1 out of 9

·
Registered
12,243 Posts
what's with the math

Okay, I grant, I am not mathmatician, but can someone fill me in on the NEW math. I was under the impression that the V6 to GT ratio was like 3 to 1. Now, if I recall my high school algebra, that means for every 100 V6s there should only be 33 GTs. However, with somewhere around 99,000 V6s and 60,000 GTs, that does not sound like 3 to 1 ratio. Same with verts, there were a total of 42K verts, with 26K in V6 and 14K in GTs, still sounds like a 2 to 1 ratio to me. Things that make you go HHmmmmmmmm!!!!!

So much for the ads that state a Black GT Vert with red leather is rare...it was the 4th most popular GT vert. Again, things that make you go hhhhmmmmm!!!!!!!

·
Registered
419 Posts
Rare vs. Hard to find

No Offense MRVANDERMey,

But the term Rare can be somewhat ambiguous. Did the add you mentioned imply that the specific color and interior combination was unusual and fewer produced as opposed to other combinations. Or was it really stating do to supply and demand, a 05GT Black Conv with red/inter is hard to come by.

In any case, Sounds like you have a beautiful car and I hope you enjoy it.

p.s. The V6 to GT allotments were always supposed to be around 38% GT's produced

·
Registered
329 Posts
my pony is 1 out of 512
GT 2 Dr. Coupe,White,Black/Red, ,5 Spd Auto 5R55s,512
by the way download the excel document much easier and clearer to read
i have uploaded it here for you guys to download

Attachments

·
Registered
329 Posts
The Rarest Mustangs of 2005

Under 20 produced
They are all Convertible except for one group satin silver coupe(row 25 on my list), majority are satin silver (8 combos on the list), Camel Interior Color and Black Cloth Soft Tops, are on the majority of Vehicles that are listed on my list of rare stangs.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
mrvandermey said:
Okay, I grant, I am not mathmatician, but can someone fill me in on the NEW math. I was under the impression that the V6 to GT ratio was like 3 to 1. Now, if I recall my high school algebra, that means for every 100 V6s there should only be 33 GTs. However, with somewhere around 99,000 V6s and 60,000 GTs, that does not sound like 3 to 1 ratio. Same with verts, there were a total of 42K verts, with 26K in V6 and 14K in GTs, still sounds like a 2 to 1 ratio to me. Things that make you go HHmmmmmmmm!!!!!

So much for the ads that state a Black GT Vert with red leather is rare...it was the 4th most popular GT vert. Again, things that make you go hhhhmmmmm!!!!!!!
Actually, I believe it was supposed to be a 2:1 ratio. 2/3 V6 and 1/3 GT. I may be wrong, but those were the ratios I believe I heard, and they seem to bear out given the numbers. These are also the allocations I found at the dealerships.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.