Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 85 GT with a carburated 302 with a little work done to it. Its not to bad, it runs mid 13's 1/4mi. Its kinda slow, thats why I have these questions. Should I swap out my 351 clevend with the 302? The motor is from a Ford F-350 Van. Would I be able to use this motor in my mustang? Can I use the van computer, and maybe get it reprogramed? Would it bolt up to my T-5 I have on my 302? Do I need different mounts? Do I need different parts? What gear rear end should I get? Does anyone know of a fox body with a 351C? I've seen 351W, but not 351C. Sorry about all the questions, just rater get the word from someone who knows alittle bit more about mustangs then me. I just want to have a bad ass ride for the summer, eat some chevys whole! Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
You did not state the year of the van, but if it has EFI it IS NOT a Cleveland motor.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was told 351W has a two bolt main, and 351C has a four bolt main. This engine is fuel injected, and has a four bolt main. Not posititve on the vans year, but I know it is a 90-95 F-350 van.

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
I know the 'M' series was used in some trucks, but don't think it had 4 bolt mains. Sounds like a 360, big block, although without some research I cannot tell you the options in the 350, 1 ton, series.

It is not a Cleveland. Of that I'm 99.9% sure and not all clevelands had 4 bolt mains.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Looks like someone is giving you some bad info. MOST 351 Clevelands were 2 bolt main. Only the Boss 351 or "351CJ" had 4 bolt mains and they were extremely limited production. NONE were fuel injected. How do you know that the fuel injected engine that you have has 4 bolt mains? If it is NOT a 302, and it came from an E350 van, it could be a 5.8 (351) roller rocker motor like Ford put in some F-150s. I don't know if those had 4 bolt mains or not.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Clevelands were used from 69-73, or close to that, i know it was only a 4 year period, and back then they did not have fuel injected vehicles. I wana say in some of those big E series vans or F series trucks they put in 460, which may not be the most comon swap it is done and from what i hear makes some big big power. I would say put the vin code from the van, or at least the 8th digit (engine) and 10th digit (year) and these guys could probably figure out what engine you got.

·
Registered
654 Posts
ohhhhh, 460 fuelie

did anyone know a 460 efi comes stock with 24 lb injectors????

·
Registered
122 Posts
if its a 90-95 E-350 and it is definitly not a 302 then it is probably a 460, although I, like everyone else have no idea about the 4 bolt main. see if you get some numbers off of the block and call your local ford dealer and see if they look up the numbers and find out what it is.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.