Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Adam at ST Motorsports has been dying to try it for some time and, after some trying, he was able to program a 2-step system with the predator. For those of you wondering what this is - it is AWESOME! Here's how it works....

At the line, I floor the gas pedal. The car just revs to 4600 rpm (or whatever you program it to) and just stays there and pops. When I dump the clutch, BANG - the car shoots like a rocket. The 2-step is programed to be inactive if there car moves more than 1/2 mph so it just effective at the line. This is one of the biggest advancements I've seen through tuning yet.
:eyebulge:

·
Registered
94 Posts
chevykiller said:
Adam at ST Motorsports has been dying to try it for some time and, after some trying, he was able to program a 2-step system with the predator. For those of you wondering what this is - it is AWESOME! Here's how it works....

At the line, I floor the gas pedal. The car just revs to 4600 rpm (or whatever you program it to) and just stays there and pops. When I dump the clutch, BANG - the car shoots like a rocket. The 2-step is programed to be inactive if there car moves more than 1/2 mph so it just effective at the line. This is one of the biggest advancements I've seen through tuning yet.
I've been able to do Two-Step setups with my SCT software for over a year now. Diablo is always two steps (No Pun intended) behind SCT!

·
Registered
154 Posts
chevykiller said:

:wavey Ok how can I do this with my Pred?:drool:

·
Registered
829 Posts
speco2005 said:
:wavey Ok how can I do this with my Pred?:drool:
What he said !:evilchuck

·
Registered
829 Posts
sonny1213 said:
2 step? Isn't that a country western dance or a short AA program?
hahaha
I appreciate the "bump" what ever is said. I want to know how to do this.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Makin' us dance the 2-step

ChevyKiller and Evolution,

Could either of you explain more clearly to the rest of us what exactly you mean by 2-Step? :confused:

From where I stand it sounds like you program your engine to behave in a certain way when stopped and to act differently once it is moving. Is this so?
What is the advantage if any?

/Vic

1 - 9 of 9 Posts