Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hypertech Max Energy 42004 or Superchips 1825 ?

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
Neither?

The most prominant brands and widely used seem to be SCT2 Xcalibrator(being my first choice), and Predator seems to be another highly used programmer.

Is there a specific reason why you chose those two?

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Entertaining the thought. Plus a 20% discount. NOT trying to be cheap but if I did not like either I could return them. Very interested in Bama with CAI.

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
Entertaining the thought. Plus a 20% discount. NOT trying to be cheap but if I did not like either I could return them. Very interested in Bama with CAI.

Thats what you should do. Good price and great tunes. Best bang for your buck mod and really easy to install.

·
Registered
2,636 Posts
I have ran both. When it comes down to it, it really does not matter both tuners are great. I swapped to Diablo and a Mafia from all SCT just because Adam from ST can get a better tune for my Procharger with that system.

SCT seems to tune better on twin screws it seems and Diablo seems to tune better on centrifugal from what I have seen. Most of the major drag cars you see that are Centrifugal seem to be diablo tuned.

As for minor bolt ons it doesnt matter which one you buy they will all be the same because you will just be loading a tune that some one else makes for you. Unless you are changing things on your own like some advanced people might do then personal pref will take in effect.

Now a few years ago SCT blew away Diablo because Diablo could only hold 1 tune so nitrous guys had to redo there tune by them selves every time and keep pads of paper with the changes they had to make on them. This was 04 and Below. For us the Diablo will hold 5 tunes.

One plus on SCT is that it has a Two Step but I plan on buying the MSD two step I heard the MSD one works better then how the SCT one works. Not sure how just things I have heard.

The best thing you can do that will save you the most money. Is call around your local tuners and see what they tune with. What they tune best with because once you get past the point of having to have a can tune and need custom dyno tunes they might want to you swap to another tuner from the one you have. So you might as well get what they work best with and favor.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for all the responses. I will look for a local tuner and see what they use.

·
Registered
10,876 Posts
Neither?

The most prominant brands and widely used seem to be SCT2 Xcalibrator(being my first choice), and Predator seems to be another highly used programmer.

Is there a specific reason why you chose those two?
+1 on the two.........

·
Premium Member
72,878 Posts
I swapped to Diablo and a Mafia from all SCT just because Adam from ST can get a better tune for my Procharger with that system.
Why aren't you running a bigger MAF instead of the MAFia? The MAFia is basically just overclocking your MAF..

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.