Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys

found a set of konis on line new 125 they are red orange they say special D 82v 2096
They also have a E0 stamped in them. They are adjustable.. i hope these are fronts.. but are they ..? are they a rear replacement thats adjusttable or have i hit a hte nail on the head persay?

sorry my car is a 84 svo 5spd

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
those are for
78-82 Ford Fairmont, incl. wagon
79-82 Ford Mustang
79-82 Mercury Capri
79-82 Mercury Zephyr

These are not for the SVO, hence the low price. SVO strut is PN 8741-1054

Konis for the SVO are adjustable, front and rear, with the exception of the quadshock (angled ones). You will have slapper bars (traction bars) if your car is an early production '84. Quad shocks came out on the late '84 models.

The fronts are adjusted clockwise to increase rebound, and counter-clockwise to increase rebound. Adjustment is make on he top of the valve rod (in the engine compartment). If it is an original style, the adjuster looks like a "D" shape The newer ones are a blade type....sort of like a thick screwdriver end.

To adjust the rears, unbolt them from the bottom, compress them all the way, and turn the lower part of the shock. Clockwise to lighten rebound, counter-clockwise to increase rebound.

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
DAM THE SQUID KNOWS THOSE SVO'S thats for certain. Good info NAVY:bigthumbsup:bigthumbsup:winks

·
Registered
25 Posts
I was having so much trouble finding some origional KONI adjustables for my SVO I called my pals over at Maximum Motorsports and got some Bilsteins instead, they aren't adjustable, but they are lifetime warrantied and they ride and handle better than the KONI's. The Bilsteins were about the same price as the KONI's but were not on never-ending back-order.

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
Additionally, you can send the old Konis back to the OEM and they will rebuild them for you.

Konis have a lifetime warrantee fior the original purchaser as well.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts