Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to install a band new C6 transmission in my 1966 Mustang which origanally was equipped with a C4 cruise-o-matic. I cannot find a shift linkage made for this year and tranny combo, obviosly because it did not exist...So i tried just making a linkage but am having problems with getting it out of park because the gear lever on the tranny is pointing almost straight back at the shifter so i have no leverage? I am also having trouble because the throw for the shifter once out of park is much longer than the tranny and I am ending up getting the transmisison into 1st before the shifter is hardly into regular drive...Is there any shift linkage out there for this application? Does anyone have any ideas how this can be fixed or am i just going to have to buy an aftermarket shifter and run a cable linkage? Thanks, Nathan

·
Registered
392 Posts
At one time I did the same thing with 67. Went from C4 to C6 ( T5Z now, never looking back :gringreen), no linkage change. The shift rod from floor console had enough adjustment range to work.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts