Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1969 Mustang Coupe 200CI 6 cylinder
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am replacing the throw-out bearing for my 1969 Mustang (3 speed manual, 200ci 6 cylinder engine). I ordered a 9in clutch kit (plate, bearing, etc.) and the throw-out bearing was too small for the input shaft via CJ Pony parts. I then ordered a bearing from National parts depot and it also does not fit over the input shaft. I have yet to find a technical resource with either of those companies to assist.

so the question is have any of you run into this issue? can you assist? here are some pictures of the input shaft number and caliper readings for the input shaft in inches and mm

Attachments

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Is the gearbox correct to the car?
Locate the stampings on the outside casing and check for a buck tag. A quick google search will give you the answers.
If that fails and the gearbox is correct, then take the old bearing to a specialized shop and they will find you a bearing based on your old bearing measurements.

·
Registered
185 Posts
You might try a throw out bearing for a small block V8? Just a guess here, but stranger things have happened on these old cars.

·
Registered
68 Posts
i looked up a national throwout bearing at advance auto, says it is 1.439 inches, what does your bearing measure?

·
Registered
1969 Mustang Coupe 200CI 6 cylinder
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You might try a throw out bearing for a small block V8? Just a guess here, but stranger things have happened on these old cars.
Thanks John, NPD called me back and recommended a different bearing (for small bock) and said that will fit.

15/16

·
Registered
185 Posts
Cool, I'm glad you found a solution. I've got a T5 in my '65, so I've got clutch parts from 3 different model years and 3 different engine sizes to get it to work.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts