Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I propose that if AFM feels that they have to allow post that are so far off the goal and purpose of it's site. That we add another forum to the Mustang Lounge such as "Members Concerns". The post to this area do not get listed / "advertised" in the main page.

Seriously, If you can not in a sensible way include the word "Ford" and/or "Mustang" in the subject, then I am thinking it does not have any right to be posted here. I do not care if the dairy cows in Missouri are striking for better feed or if our President was seen sneezing without a Kleenex. There are other forums for that.

And no it is NOT a matter of free speech, it is a simple matter of being rude. Each time someone post some political rant it knocks a legitimate Mustang question off the first page. We all know that is where you will get the most visibility and response, the farther down your post goes the less and less results you will get.

All Ford Mustang should stay with the sound advice, do not allow post on Politics, Religion or Sex within the General Forum. If you feel you need to, let's please put it in a separate place and keep the main forum listing for post that are actually on Mustangs.

·
Premium Member
72,882 Posts
Thanks for your post... We do have a lounge area for all things non-Mustang, including a Fun Zone for jokes & games and a Hot Zone for the contentious political/religious topics. All off-topic threads should go in there. If you find something in a particular talk or tech secition that clearly doesn't belong, let one of the staff members know.

·
Registered
25,098 Posts
There are several different "forums" when you use the recent posts search option you get a mixture of all these forums.
If you stay within a particular forum you only get those threads.
If you post a thread in a tech forum, it will stay near the top of that forum until a reply is made then yes, it will fall down the page. It would rarely come off the first page in it's home forum (IE: 2005+ Talk)
However, in the "main" search page they do go down the page faster. That is just how the site is set up.
Most people use the main search page then go into each forum for more recent posts. The farther down in the respective forum the more activity the site has had :bigthumbsup
Just a matter of retraining where and how a forum is viewed :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
46,020 Posts
And I'm with you on the "other" topics like religion and politics... if I want that I'll just watch the news. I come here so I can get away from that but there's some here who like that stuff. But it's all discussed and then a decision is made when changes come about.

All suggestions are truly evaluated so keep checking back for any updates.

·
Registered
432 Posts
I personally think the site is setup wonderfully & just want to thank Mark & all the Moderators for doing such a great job! :bigthumbsup

Plus I haven't had any TV programming in my house for close to 2 years so I get more news from some of the threads on here.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.