Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my Livewire from American Muscle and I could not get it to read the strategy on my car. Since I am friends with my dealer I told him what I was doing and the problem and had him check my OBD port but no problems. I called American Muscle yesterday around noon and explained the problem. They said they would send a new one and shipping tag for the old one. 3pm today I had it installed and driving. That's pretty good service in my opinion. Highly recommend them and thanks to Dan in the tuning department for his help.

M

·
0 Posts
I love to hear about superior customer service.... in a time when so many companies are lacking people who care - American Muscle has got it right - I myself ordered from them, had the order the next day - they don't mess around... way to go!

·
Registered
313 Posts
I had a problem with a livewire from American Muscle and they told me they didn't know what the problem was and to call SCT. It wouldn't load the custom tunes, just the canned ones that you could change yourself. Come to find out that the programmer had outdated software and as soon as you made any changes on the canned tunes and loaded it, the programmer would disregard your changes. So I drove with my car being super lean and I could tell but it wasn't noticeable until I was 10 away from my house. American Muscle did let me return it and I then went to Bama, they did have good return service but I was disappointed that they would send a product that was outdated and not even attempt to help me.

G

·
0 Posts
thats great I have read a lot of good stories about them. If they would only ship overseas :(

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
I had a problem with a livewire from American Muscle and they told me they didn't know what the problem was and to call SCT. It wouldn't load the custom tunes, just the canned ones that you could change yourself. Come to find out that the programmer had outdated software and as soon as you made any changes on the canned tunes and loaded it, the programmer would disregard your changes. So I drove with my car being super lean and I could tell but it wasn't noticeable until I was 10 away from my house. American Muscle did let me return it and I then went to Bama, they did have good return service but I was disappointed that they would send a product that was outdated and not even attempt to help me.
+1 on Dan at AM. That is where I got my Livewire and no problems.

Trent - Did you go through the checklist on their site about making sure the firmware is up to date and everything? They have very detailed instructions.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Trent - Did you go through the checklist on their site about making sure the firmware is up to date and everything? They have very detailed instructions.
+1 on that. All of our tuners ship out with the latest firmware & tuneware from SCT, but SCT does update their files on occasion. If the firmware/tuneware was out of date, you simply would have to download the new file from SCT and upload it to your tuner.

As far as the changes on the canned tunes disappearing on the tuner that is normal, as none of the SCT tuners have ever saved the settings you change. Every time you load a canned tune, you have to start from scratch and input any adjustments again...hence the name canned tune. It says this right in the manual. For having a tune ready to go, that is what custom tunes are for, we set them up, so you just load them as is.

·
Registered
313 Posts
+1 on that. All of our tuners ship out with the latest firmware & tuneware from SCT, but SCT does update their files on occasion. If the firmware/tuneware was out of date, you simply would have to download the new file from SCT and upload it to your tuner.

As far as the changes on the canned tunes disappearing on the tuner that is normal, as none of the SCT tuners have ever saved the settings you change. Every time you load a canned tune, you have to start from scratch and input any adjustments again...hence the name canned tune. It says this right in the manual. For having a tune ready to go, that is what custom tunes are for, we set them up, so you just load them as is.
I was not aware of that. I had no idea what the problem was at first except that it wasn't working right. I would just think that whoever answered the phone would have been able to help a little. All they told was that they didn't know. However, even after I got the right firmware, the custom tunes still did not work. I am not saying they are a bad company and have bad service, it was just frustrating because it was the first experience with a tuner I had ever had. it was most likely just my experience. I have heard great things about you guys but I guess that you can't be perfect all the time. No big deal.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Aside the ups guy walking up your driveway...Nothing beats good CS

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.