Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
5,907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Of a brand new 1.7L Kenne Bell twin screw. I got a call from the shop about 20 minutes after I got home from work today. Just long enough to scarf down a chili cheese dog from Sonic before heading over there. Install should be happening next week. I'm so excited I can't sit still right now. I didn't get a look at it all, I wanted them to keep the boxes sealed until I drop the car off so nothing goes missing in the shop. Hopefully by next Friday I'll be there watching the tune sessions.

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
congrates man, did you get the buy one get one free and send the other one to my house?

lol
cant wait to hear numbers keep us posted

·
Registered
26 Posts
I've been looking into the KB 1.7 for my 04. What all do you need as far as injectors etc. to do this install right? Congrats man that thing is awesome

·
Registered
154 Posts
stang4 said:
I've been looking into the KB 1.7 for my 04. What all do you need as far as injectors etc. to do this install right? Congrats man that thing is awesome
If memory serves, the KB 1.7 comes with 38lb. The KB kit comes complete, minus tune of course.

·
Registered
5,907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The complete kit comes with 36lb injectors, 160F thermostat, intercooler, intake manifold, blower w/ 9psi pulley, boost a pump, fuel rail, intercooler, reservoir, all hoses, fittings and piping and a Predator (I think). I upgraded mine with the Big Boost kit which has a 90mm MAF, 80mm throttle body, big ass intake tube and a switch chip.

Here's the link http://www.kennebell.net/superchargers/ford/gt96-03_2v/gt96-04.htm

·
Registered
5,907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Mine either, I had to look one the site for that info. So much stuff crammed into my tiny little pea brain lately.

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
Awesome - been looking at that as well. Did you get the polished one? I figured that 'install time" would be the time to have their manifold powercoated, along w/misc. other pieces: alt bracket, rad inlet casting, couple of other things as well as it being a good time to paint the cam covers.

What is happening w/parts that come off?? -- Your JLT CAI/C&L - I'm in the market, PM me about them & my '01, Jeff

·
Registered
5,907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I've got a couple of interested parties at work. If those fall through then I'll post 'em up here. Right now the going figure is $250 for the TB, plenum and CAI all together.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Congrats Papa... you'll have to tell us the first time you have her smack a ls1!! :eyepoppin

·
Registered
154 Posts
I'll buy the CAI off you whenever if you want to separate. It's going to be a while still before I get the S/C...had a few financial set backs :sosad:

·
Registered
5,907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I've got some other interested parties in my intake setup already. I'll keep you in mind if the current prospects fall through though.

I saw the car today when I dropped the gage pods off at the shop. They already had the blower on, injectors, Boost a Pump and plugs in. Still a laundry list of stuff to do though. Intercooler, plumbing, gages and meters ( including tapping a new bung for the A/F meter), change rear end lube, adjust exhaust and install the reservoir. I'm still hoping for a Friday delivery. If I can get my digital video cam to work I'll video the tune session. That's gonna be a long one since there are 2 tunes to make.

·
Registered
472 Posts
BlueStreak03 said:
I've got some other interested parties in my intake setup already. I'll keep you in mind if the current prospects fall through though.

I saw the car today when I dropped the gage pods off at the shop. They already had the blower on, injectors, Boost a Pump and plugs in. Still a laundry list of stuff to do though. Intercooler, plumbing, gages and meters ( including tapping a new bung for the A/F meter), change rear end lube, adjust exhaust and install the reservoir. I'm still hoping for a Friday delivery. If I can get my digital video cam to work I'll video the tune session. That's gonna be a long one since there are 2 tunes to make.
Just out of curiosity, are you bouncing off the walls yet? Daydreaming of driving that supercharged mo-sheen possibly as soon as this weekend? I don't see a supercharger anywhere in my near future, but if I were you and expecting delivery on Friday, I would probably have to spend Thursday night at a hotel - or at least on the couch. I'd be driving my wife nuts shifting gears and tearing up the road in my sleep. Congrats!

·
Registered
5,907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I'm keepin myself busy with other things this week. I had to work 11 hours tuesday and had most of yesterday off so I played a lot of socom. Today I'm getting off work at noon and I think I may run to the shop to see how it's going and if Friday is still the day.

·
Registered
5,907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Just got a call from the shop, it might be tuned and ready for pick up this afternoon. I'm keepin my fingers crossed.

·
Registered
5,907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
No car today. All that's left is the tune. Someone came in wanting some dyno time so they're doing that. I had expected them to have the car til Friday anyway so it's all good. Tomorrow at lunchtime I'll have her back.

·
Registered
701 Posts
That's awesome BlueStreak

Even if the baby is a day late from due date, it would still be OK for me!
Have fun and don't crash here!

Cheers

·
Registered
5,907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
OK, I had to work a long day at work. Go figure, the one day I have stuff that I'm looking forward to in the afternoon and I'm stuck at work. Anyway, I got a call from Frank at Dyno Tuned Performance. They had just strapped her down and the first run was about to happen. I asked him to call me back when the final numbers were done. About 30 minutes later Brent calls me up and tells me the news. 411 rwhp and 414 rwtq. I was shocked. I knew it would be near 400 but I wasn't expecting to exceed it. I finally got off work around 2:30 and went over there to pick it up. Brent fired it up and showed me the location of the switch for the chip and which tune was on what position. At idle you can't hear the blower at all. You can't tell there's anything but a standard heat exchanger under the bumper either, total sleeper except the gages. I talked to a guy that was there with a vortec'd 02 V6 for a while. Not a bad ride, he has a carbon fiber 03-04 Cobra hood. Sharp lookin hood. After the final bill was settled I fired it up and started pulling away. No difference in the car at all until you put the hammer down then you better have your safety belt fastened and your tray table locked. I romped on it getting on the highway, my head snapped back and I think I sucked an eyeball pretty far into the socket. Man that thing's a demon. I was amazed at how well the tires held traction, of course it's quite warm here today. Anyway, the car's home in the driveway and I can't wait til after 7pm so I can go find a nice piece of highway to do a couple 0-80mph runs to see what she's really got.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.