Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, I've been lurking around these forums for awhile and I've finally decided to introduce myself to the crowd. I picked up my '06 V6 in late October, and I've been loving the last three months of my life. Without a doubt, this is the greatest car that I've ever owned, and it has exceeded all of my expecations. On top of that, I managed to pick the car up with the Pony Package and the IUP for about $21,500 before taxes!

As a little background, I had a '05 Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart prior to this and I ended up totalling it in an accident (entirely the other guy's fault). Even though I loved that car, I always kicked myself for not giving the Mustang a test drive. Every time I saw one of the 05/06's on the street, I'd always catch myself looking over in envy. Now I catch people staring at the car whenever I head out around town.

Anyway, I just wanted to introduce myself to a bunch of fellow satisfied customers and let you know that we each own a pretty impressive piece of machinery.

·
Registered
191 Posts
That new pony package is sweeeeeet! Welcome.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Welcome. There are a lot of good people here with a lot of information. I'm on a few different sites and there's something about this site that makes it my favorite.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Fourth Stang

WECOME, WHEN YOU GET TIME PUT SOME PIC'S IN YOUR GALLERY
I ordered a 2005 Legend Lime GT and got laided-off at the job. So I reordered the same in a 2006 version. When it came in the dealer wanted $600 a month for 3-years to lease it. He wanted to charge me $33,600 which was $2300 over MRSP. I told him to keep the the car. A few monthes later Ford came out with the Pony Package. God it looked just like my 1965 GT Couple. Mind you Iam a old man and I have to think about stupid stuff like paying off the mortgage before I retire. My V6 Pony cost $22,555 its windveil blue my wifes color. I didn't get the color but I got my Fourth Stang. I'm Happy!!!

·
Registered
125 Posts
Welcome to the awesome world of Mustangs and to the forum! Careful now...this Pony thing will get under your skin and you'll become a lifetime fan. After 10 years of blissfully owning my '96 V6, I'm about to receive my new '06 GT. I wouldn't dream of driving anything else. :laughlitt

·
Registered
39 Posts
Welcome to the site!! If you have a picture or 2, please post them. I'd like to see one of these pony packages.

:wavey :wavey :wavey :wavey :wavey

·
Registered
83 Posts
Welcome to the wonderful world of Mustangs. You will not be disappointed by this latest rendition. The Pony Package looks nice onthe new stangs. The wife was even talking about getting a Pony Package to look just like my GT, but with an auto.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Wow, thanks so much for the positive response guys. One thing I've noticed about this forum (and all Mustang forums in general) is that you guys are a closer and more mature bunch. It's great to be surrounded by people who have a great sense of what their car is, and are not oblivious to the world outside of Mustangs.

As for pictures, I will definitely get around to taking some this weekend. I know there's been a lot of talk about exactly what the Pony Package includes, so I'll try to get some images of the new additions, as well as my thoughts on it overall.

One more thing... I used to beat myself up for not picking up the GT, but now I've come to realize that the V6 is the right car for me. I work in Downtown LA (about 30 miles each way) and the mileage on the GT just would have destroyed me. I guess getting the V6 is my way of having the Mustang experience while keeping things within the realm of practicality.

·
Registered
785 Posts
Whatever you drive, it is the right car, a Mustang! Welcome aboard!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.