Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was using a prybar to put my clutch cable on and a 3 in piece of metal from the prybay snapped off and inside the tranny now. I tried to put my hands and feel for it with my fingers thru the fork hole but nothing. I hear chattering when in neutral while I tried to drive it so it's definitely in there. How can I get out easiest? Thanks

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
Pull the transmission.

I can't believe you knowingly started the car let alone drove it after you broke the pry bar off inside the bell housing.. :blink:

I would be surprised if the broken piece of pry bar didn't damage the pressure plate or anything else in there.....

·
Registered
131 Posts
Here's a random shot in the dark: You bought the prybar from Harbor Freight Tools.

How did I do?

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm speaking for my friend and his problem. Lol. It's not me or my car. Just trying to help him out.

·
Registered
2,655 Posts
I'll pull it for sure to check for any other damage in there. To break a pry bar takes some force and sure easy enough to bend something in there.
Dave

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'll try the magnet thing. I was gonna take pics on my phone thru the hole with flash to be my eyes. If I have to pull tranny any directions?

·
Registered
13,138 Posts
Why would you guys EVER start that car knowing that you guys definitely broke a piece of a pry bar off inside a transmission? Did you think it would pass thru the system and shout out the exhaust or maybe out the driveshaft?

Drop the tranny and now you have to inspect everything instead of just fishing out that piece.

Also do me a favor kick your friend in the nuts for me :shocked:

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
So no other way besides dropping the tranny?

Sure...fish around inside with a magnet but what if there is damage, then you have to pull the transmission at that point. Cutting corners never leads to a positive outcome. Do it right the first time and limit the possibility of damage.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts