Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys...Pulled the 2 digit KOEO codes on my car today...Codes 33 and 66 flashed...The repeated and stopped....One has to do with the egr open valve or something....anyway when I tried to pull the KOER codes I started my car and as soon as the check engine light began to flash the car died (it has been sitting a while and with the new s/c sometimes it does that when It first starts) and the check engine light just flashed 4 times and stopped...So I was like "crap" and restarted the car, it ran fine but no more flashes came...Did the car dying interrupt it or something...I didn't retry it I just shut it off...Pulled the jumper wire and restarted it...I figure I'll retry some other day...anyway tell me the answer to that question and any light anyone can shed on the 33 and 66 codes...Thanks...

Jason

·
Registered
3,404 Posts
33 is the EGR valve not working, possibly due to a bad vacuum line, or a bad vacuum solenoid.
The 66 is the Mass Air sensor.
You want the engine to be fully warmed up for KOER. If it stalls on you, you need to turn the key to off, and disconnect the jumper wire. You should probably turn it to "run", and back off. Then, (after waiting ten seconds) reconnect it and try again. You don't have to sit through the KOEO and CM codes again, you can just go straight to KOER.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.