Ford Mustang Forum banner

Pulled away from a boxster

2K views 20 replies 6 participants last post by  Andywalls 
#1 ·
Was going down GA 400 and had a somewhat older model porsche boxster (Id say 3-5 years old) going right beside me. After giving the guy the thumbs up because I do like the looks of a porsche he revs up wanting to play. So why not, road is open its a sunday. So he takes off and im in my new GT (just put 1k miles on her today) havent really even driven her hard yet so didnt know what to expect. Well I start chasing him down at a pretty fast rate. I was shocked! Once I started pulling away we backed off cause there was traffic ahead and he gives me the thumbs up.

All I can say is, im shocked, after owning a v6 for over 2 years its amazing what the GT can do. I wasnt expecting to pull away as fast as i did. I knew id keep up with him but never thought that id run like i did being that the mustang is quite heavy.

So im really happy, wouldnt call it a kill cause we both had fun, he couldnt have been a nicer guy. Well it made my ride home from seeing my great grandmother in the hospital that much better. Cannot wait to install my new intake and tuner tommorrow, more horses! Stay safe every1 :shiny:

Also is it normal for such a decisive win? im personally shocked... The car costs twice as much

See less See more
#2 ·
Congrats on the kill!
You probably raced a Boxster(240 hp), and not a Boxster S(295 hp). Both are fairly light hovering around 3000 lb., but the Boxster does 0-60 in only approx. 6 sec., while the S does it in the low 5's. An S will definitely be able to at least keep pace with you, unless it has a bad driver mod.

#3 ·
I dont think it was an S, but yea I was pumped up think it shocked the other guy too! I wonder how much faster itll be with my new tune and CAI, cant wait! but the best thing about this was, the guy didnt ride my butt before, he wasnt a jerk, just a nice guy wanting to have some fun... thats how it should be.

#4 ·
That guy was a real car guy. He just wanted to have fun and didn't act like an idiot before or after the race. In my book, he's a grade A guy. Congrats on the kill, that tune and intake will certainly give it some more power.

#5 ·
I agree wish more people were like this.:bigthumbsup

#9 ·
eh yea ill just buy a nicer car once I grad to take down those beasts =)

Immediate goals, beating corvettes :D

#13 ·
I might put in a better engine just so i know when i do go FI i can crank it up and not expect a piston to shoot through the dash lol :gringreen

But instead of engine parts im gonna put a touchscreen nav system and new sound system in instead :bigthumbsup doesnt matter how fast u r if u dont have alil S T Y L E lol. but thats a great idea on engines... ill have to think about it... but i love where ur head is at! :D

#14 ·
I might put in a better engine just so i know when i do go FI i can crank it up and not expect a piston to shoot through the dash lol :gringreen

But instead of engine parts im gonna put a touchscreen nav system and new sound system in instead :bigthumbsup doesnt matter how fast u r if u dont have alil S T Y L E lol. but thats a great idea on engines... ill have to think about it... but i love where ur head is at! :D
Yeah im more of the fast type, my mach1 doesnt have a radio or anything. took AC out because compressor went bad and i didnt want to pay for a new 1 yeah im cheap when it comes to that stuff.

#19 ·
Yeah ive traveled there a couple times when i lived in Agusta and yeall have like 12 lane hwy at a dead stop, that sucks.
welcome to atlanta! :bigthumbsup

You get used to it i guess and learn that long ipod playlists are your best friend!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.