Ford Mustang Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did much checking on these and made decision. They fit perfect and actually match contour of deck spoiler, something I never would of considered. Hope I can remember to actually fasten down next spring-warm weather. Also looks like I can use piano hinge so it swings up and not used OEM hood prop rod to hold in place (modified of coarse) for window cleaning?

Very good view out rear window still, only see edges of slats. Did want to spray out interior side a flat or semi-grey lacquer probably (car interior anyways) and outside semi-black, definitely is missing component all this time. Also recommended small insulators be placed in centers of slats where they touch windshield- tolerances that close but all perfectly horizontal with tail end of car. In case of any vibration or resonance of slats banging glass. Just sayin’…
Vehicle Grille Car Hood Automotive lighting

Wait! Talk about a hinged section. This would work but have to pull hinge pin and reverse one side. Would mount on glass and is black, nothing on roof itself. Louvre has indentation on topmost slat (3rd brake light) centered? Would allow hinge to lay flat and flush. Would also retain all glass mounting hardware.
Product Rectangle Font Screenshot Parallel

·
Administrator
7,409 Posts
I’d like to see a profile shot, and some closeups to show the fitment at the edges. I bought one of these for mine back in the 80’s and it didn’t hold up very well at high speeds. Cosmetically I find them to a nice upgrade.

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Roger that on quality, even more than met expectations. Car is in shed for winter but here’s another photo. Spacing seems about thickness (edge profile) of popsicle stick not width, will use those for centering guides. Sure, made in China but where do Buicks come from lol?

Huge box, counting on damage repairs but nothing and bubble wrapped. Forgot about drag straps, big 60’s Maine fad and they did work to eliminate static electricity. Same idea as chains the propane trucks use dragging along.

Think I’ll use SS piano hinges as thinner profile then acrylic, pondering on… all those mounting holes won’t show anyways. Never even touched past summer’s project “need to get the lead out”.

Yes, 30’s style garage doors (ladder bungied to one on left). Nobody wanted overhead door, would block light (2 tube 8’ freezer rated) with door open out there. Pipes do contour with rear bumper fascia- not illusion.
Vehicle registration plate Vehicle Grille Hood Automotive lighting

1 - 4 of 4 Posts