Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what is the real difference in the 3: I have a 07 V6 with the following mods: JBA dual exhaust, Roush CAI. I am wanting to increase my take off for one. However if I want to increase the overall top speed do I need to change tunes. Can some one just explain the diff. and what they recommend using each one for. Thanks!!

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
With the tuner you will be able to remove the speed limiter (Set around 110-114mph) but if you have stock tires you might as well leave it on as they are speed rated to around that mph.

One of the things you will notice right away regardless of which tune is the lag time in throttle response will no longer be there. The car will pull harder than before and you will smile.:yup:

·
Registered
70 Posts
I second the fact that you shouldn't take off the speed limiter. If you do, make sure your tires and everything else are rated above 115mph.

As for the difference in tunes, you really need to test the out for yourself. If you have an automatic the shift points will vary based on the tune. Otherwise it's stuff like throttle response, etc. The top speed should stay the same based on each tune. Takeoff will probably get faster as you move from Street trough Race.

If you do test out all three, let us know what you think.

Have fun!

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
You will definitely notice a difference from stock, the only ones I've tried were the 87 Street tune, which got rid of the lag time in throttle response (manual trans) and pulled harder than stock. And the 93 Race tune. with the 93 feels like a different car.:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
376 Posts
Do you guys know what the p zero's are rated at? I have some of those on my car (In the summer time at least).

I generally use the race tune all the time because that's what a mustang should drive like all the time in my eyes. With snow on the ground I use the street tune over the stock tune because I actually pick up 1-3 mpg.

Its really up to you. Which ever one you like the most is the one you will use the most no matter what anyone says.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Do you guys know what the p zero's are rated at? I have some of those on my car .quote]

P-Zero Nero's are Z rated tires which r rated 168 mph or more...should be plenty for the sixer eh??

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.