Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone. I have never posted on the V-6 forum becuase I didn't have a V-6 until now. I just purchased a 2001 Blue V-6 with 34,000 miles for $6,500. I also own a 2001 Mustang GT Bullitt, but I don't like to drive it to much because of gas pricecs and I want to stay exempt from the emissions we have in Pennsylvania (under 3,000 miles since your last inspection). My stang definately will not pass emmissions. No cats on X-pipe.

I really like the V-6. I just purchased a dual Flowmaster exhaust and a K&N Cold Air Intake. I am just curious if anyone knows if the 2001 V-6's came stock with headers, because mine has them? I really don't know much about the V-6, but I would really like to learn more. Anyone know how they are in the winter? I know my GT is useless. I got rid of my Ford 2002 Ranger for the stang.

Anyhow, I am very excited on my new purchase and hope to add many mods, but i promise not to add a Cobra emblem to my V-6. I read the other post on this forum about the mustang owner with the v-6 who put a Cobra emblem on his car becuase it has 300hp. :tongue

·
Registered
31 Posts
Tamstang said:
Hey everyone. I have never posted on the V-6 forum becuase I didn't have a V-6 until now. I just purchased a 2001 Blue V-6 with 34,000 miles for $6,500. I also own a 2001 Mustang GT Bullitt, but I don't like to drive it to much because of gas pricecs and I want to stay exempt from the emissions we have in Pennsylvania (under 3,000 miles since your last inspection). My stang definately will not pass emmissions. No cats on X-pipe.

I really like the V-6. I just purchased a dual Flowmaster exhaust and a K&N Cold Air Intake. I am just curious if anyone knows if the 2001 V-6's came stock with headers, because mine has them? I really don't know much about the V-6, but I would really like to learn more. Anyone know how they are in the winter? I know my GT is useless. I got rid of my Ford 2002 Ranger for the stang.

Anyhow, I am very excited on my new purchase and hope to add many mods, but i promise not to add a Cobra emblem to my V-6. I read the other post on this forum about the mustang owner with the v-6 who put a Cobra emblem on his car becuase it has 300hp. :tongue
May i be the first to say ...Welcome fellow Stang owner....:drink:

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
Tamstang said:

Hang out in the 6 section for a while!

If you really want to improve your mileage, pick up an underdriver pulley at RPMoutlet.com.

It'll help your accessory life as well . ..

Those aren't headers, per se (unless it says JBA or MAC on them), they're tubular exhaust manifolds, and they're stock.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Thats a killer price... I havent seen any newer mustang 6s for less than 8, and they all have 50k+ miles on them.

But I did find a 96 cobra for 10k locally, but I didnt have any money at the time :sosad:

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
Tamstang said:

The rebel in me REALLY, REALLY wants to put a Cobra emblem on mine just to tick off the Mustang Taliban!!

:evillol:

But the Rodder in me would just as soon get rid of all the emblems!

:thumbsup

·
Registered
72 Posts
kscoyote said:
The rebel in me REALLY, REALLY wants to put a Cobra emblem on mine just to tick off the Mustang Taliban!!

Post some pics when you do... :gringreen

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
ShadowFist said:
Post some pics when you do... :gringreen
I need to replace the panels 1st.

That's last on my list, as all the highway miles are chipping up my hood, bumper & fenders.

When I'm ready to go, I'm replacing it all w/ painted carbon fiber & fiberglass with plastic shielding.

Right now I'm collecting engine parts, & building the foundation for when I rebuild the motor . . .

It's still more Ford than Coyote, so the emblems can stay!

·
Registered
72 Posts
/me stands up and pounds fist on table

We want the pics!!!

/me sits down from exhaustion...

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
ShadowFist said:
/me stands up and pounds fist on table

We want the pics!!!

/me sits down from exhaustion...
Pics of what?

Tamstang? Tam's Stang?

Mine are in the gallery.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Congrats on the V6!

If your new stang has traction control installed, winter driving is a breeze :)
If it doesnt, then the experience will still be better than with a GT, but a bit scary nonetheless...

·
Registered
72 Posts
kscoyote said:
Pics of what?

Tamstang? Tam's Stang?

Mine are in the gallery.
Oops. First forum that had a 'gallery' feature that ive been to...

And what years did the 6's come with traction control? I thought only some GT's came with it.

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
ShadowFist said:
Oops. First forum that had a 'gallery' feature that ive been to...

And what years did the 6's come with traction control? I thought only some GT's came with it.
It was an option going back as far as my 1998.

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
mac_mogul said:
Congrats on the V6!

If your new stang has traction control installed, winter driving is a breeze :)
If it doesnt, then the experience will still be better than with a GT, but a bit scary nonetheless...
I've never had traction control, on any of my cars. That said, the only car I ever had trouble getting around in was my 1981 Mustang.

But I installed trak-lok on all of my cars, except the 1998, and the Fiero.

I drove through 3 blizzards in my 1998, and I made it fine.

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
kscoyote said:

I have a cobra hood on mine !! LOL but kept the pony emblems , maybe that is the best of both

·
Registered
174 Posts
Punxsy Stang said:
I have a cobra hood on mine !! LOL but kept the pony emblems , maybe that is the best of both

Just so long as you don't put a riddiculously oversized Cobra sticker on that hood, you should be safe :drink:

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
Tamstang said:

How's it workin' out?

·
Registered
22 Posts
thats exactly the deal im looking for. (the V6 mustang)

good for you.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.