Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

My 90' is in need of replacement struts and shocks.
I found an ad on craigslist for koni 'Reds' for $250. The seller states he had them on for 1.5 yrs and is going to full on coilovers.

Would this be a good buy? How can you tell if these are still good?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
I have "reds" and love 'em. I've had 'em for 15 years on a show/occasional cruiser and have had no issues. They do have a lifetime warranty. For a street car go full soft on the adjustment. I'd get 'em, but bargain the price a bit.

·
Registered
13,166 Posts
$250 is high for used shocks even if its all 4. You can get non adj for $200 new. They should fight you when you push them in and come back out on their own (mid setting)

·
Registered
525 Posts
You could get brand new strange 10 ways for ~$350..

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi 7-up-Bill,
Did these 'Red's' make a difference in your car? Did your handling improve? What else?
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The seller stated that he would take $200. Is this a good deal?

My car was sitting in the garage for about 9 yrs (on wheels). I purchased a set of cobra r wheels with 245/45/17 tires and took the car for a spin and the car felt like it had no struts/shocks. Is this what happens when the car sits for so long or is it the wheel/tire combo?

Thanks again.

·
Registered
13,138 Posts
Well there are many thing to take into account with a car sitting for so long like springs, bushings among other things.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts