Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This may be a pretty stupid question but I'm gonna ask it anyway. Is there anyway I can get a Push Bumper for my 2000 mustang? I just think it would be pretty bad ass to drive around with a Push bumper on my car, like the police cruisers. I'd be more inclined to hit things with my car and that might not be so good.... I just need to know hahahahaha.

thanks.

·
Registered
5,329 Posts
Yeah, you can get them, they aren't very hard to install either, but I don't know if they are legal to have, and the mounting pads may be very different from the crown vic. Probably a bad idea, but whatever floats your boat. Try a salvage yard, or go to the highway patrol station, find out where the motorpool is and go there, they'll be able to tell you if its legal and where to find them.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I was thinking the same thing about if it would be legal or not... I guess I should do some researching first cause it would suck if I install them on there and then get pulled over for them hahahaha.

·
Registered
2 Posts
you shouldent have a problem i mounted one on my 79 thunder bird and i did look pretty b.a not like the push bar whould really make a differance that thing was a genuine amaerican tank you could hit a deer in that thing going 100 and i whouldent stop ya but id do what the other guy said just to be shur

·
Registered
2,747 Posts
There is no way that this would not be legal. I'd just get a metal fabrication shop to make one up. I doubt very much there are any available in the retail channel since noone does this.

·
Registered
140 Posts
yeah they cant be illegal. tons of trucks and suvs have them. plus every taxi and cruiser have them... and the select few that put them on their cars like you... you can probably find a universal one at jcwhitney.com and fabricate your own brackets for it

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah thanks for all the help... I'll just look around and see if I can find one that will fit and if I can't, I just get one made by a metal fabricator or something. thanks again.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.