Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
766 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know it's just trivial, but when do you guys think the new mustang will get a push button start option?

·
Registered
243 Posts
I know it's just trivial, but when do you guys think the new mustang will get a push button start option?
Maybe never, or a long time from now, since that seems to go against the "Retro" theme. I'm just guessing of course. Would have been nice to have for the 2011s with the new engines!

·
Registered
766 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think it's retro since my dad's '41 Ford Pickup has push button start, why not the mustang?

·
Registered
91 Posts
I'm guessing they're probably saving it for the next-gen Mustang.

·
Registered
2,655 Posts
I think it's retro since my dad's '41 Ford Pickup has push button start, why not the mustang?
And that PU might have had only one vacume wiper and a crank out windshield with a lot other things that got improved. Never had understood why a push-button starter in today's age. Are they just that "cool"?
Dave

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
well they got that new tech for the key in that if u let jr borrow the car for a certain speed or loud stereo wtf its a stang we dont want that option.

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
I've seen some kits that install a pushstart button in the center dash's electric outlet. Not a bad deal considering the other in the console.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Push button would be pretty cool.Hope they don't go too retro.Used to have a crank to start engine.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I think what he's talking about is a keyless push button start, the kind where you just carry the key fob in your pocket and can start your car with the button as long as the key fob is in the interior or trunk. The Challenger has one, and it's pretty sweet. I assume they will put one in soon, because the new Taurus and Fiesta have it already.

·
Registered
58 Posts
And that PU might have had only one vacume wiper and a crank out windshield with a lot other things that got improved. Never had understood why a push-button starter in today's age. Are they just that "cool"?
Dave
:bigthumbsup Yep!

·
Registered
541 Posts
My wife has Push Button on her Altima, and it is a cool feature. just not having to get keys out, and being able to lock and unlock the doors/trunk without having to dig keys out of my pocket, handy when my hands are full.

Valet parking is nice as well, as the car will remain running even after the person with the FOB gets out. So you don't leave your keys with the valet.

·
Registered
766 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
My wife has Push Button on her Altima, and it is a cool feature. just not having to get keys out, and being able to lock and unlock the doors/trunk without having to dig keys out of my pocket, handy when my hands are full.

Valet parking is nice as well, as the car will remain running even after the person with the FOB gets out. So you don't leave your keys with the valet.
Question is, how are they supposed to bring you your car back if they don't even have the FOB? Or do you leave it hidden?

·
Registered
711 Posts

·
Banned
1,373 Posts
I never understood it until I had one. I grabbed a 2007 Lexus ES350 for lease assumption to get me by for 10 months until the Stang came out. It had push button start and in 10 months I became addicted for several reasons

1. You do not need to dig in your pocket when your hands are full, just grab door or trunk handle and open.

2. You do not need to worry about key scratching phone screen if you have a touch screen phone and keep it in your pocket like I do.

3. The FOB does not have a physical metal key sticking out so it sits in your pocket without stabbing you.

4. You can leave the car running, lock, go into store while taking the key with you.

5. Reasons mentioned above

I am having a hard time adapting back to a standard key, especially as bulky as it is!

·
Registered
178 Posts
Looks great but there is one issue I can see
The locking Steering column

Get by that and its a home run

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.