Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
what a bunch of manly men we have on this forum, it is just TOO tough to get a key out of your pocket, REMOTELY unlock your door, and then place the key in your ignition. God, then you have to turn the key, it must be exhausting for you.

What a bunch of babies.

Copper Man

·
Registered
178 Posts
Yo Copper
All We are saying is that having a push to start is nice option to have, this is a 2011 Mustang right ?

Would be a nice addition nothing about lazy
Take a look at the video, walk upto the car, doors open, press a button, car starts Thats Sweet. Walk away, car locks.. Thank you very Much !
But missing that Wheel UnLock piece so NG for now

·
Registered
76 Posts
I've been living with keyless push button start for 4 years now, and in that time have experienced enough problems to be glad Mustang doesn't have it. It's often combined with electric door latches and locking, and that presents even more potential problems.

Be SURE you keep a fresh battery in the pocket fob or you'll be jumping through all kinds of hoops to get your car started.

·
Registered
379 Posts
My 2006 GT (automatic) has push button start. Wasn't a factory option, had the dealer install it as an accessary. It's an option on 2011 if you get an automatic. It's great in the winter, I fire it up and wait to she heats up without every leaving the house. Someone did try to steal it at a gas staion once tho, of course the car shut off.

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
It's funny... most Americans can't run a mile and now we can't even turn a key??? Is this progress???

·
Registered
124 Posts
It's funny... most Americans can't run a mile and now we can't even turn a key??? Is this progress???
"Can" and "want to" are 2 different things.

I rented a Nissan Altima that had this convenience and I liked it. It's just another step of progress. First there were electric door locks, then remote door locks, now this. Each offers security as well as convenience. So, yes, it is progress.

·
Registered
53 Posts
My 2006 GT (automatic) has push button start. Wasn't a factory option, had the dealer install it as an accessary. It's an option on 2011 if you get an automatic. It's great in the winter, I fire it up and wait to she heats up without every leaving the house. Someone did try to steal it at a gas staion once tho, of course the car shut off.
This is 'remote start' your talking about. Close but not the same.

I want to walk to the car and have it unlock itself.
I zit down and press a button to hear that sweet sound and go.
And no fiddling with key and keychains.

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
I'm guessing they're probably saving it for the next-gen Mustang.

Why not now? This is a standard feature NOW on most mid to upper grade vehicles. Heck, you can even get this option on Kias and Hyundais.

You don't know how convenient it is until you have it. I like it on our 300C.

·
Registered
379 Posts
This is 'remote start' your talking about. Close but not the same.

I want to walk to the car and have it unlock itself.
I zit down and press a button to hear that sweet sound and go.
And no fiddling with key and keychains.

Oh............. You mean a button you push a button and it starts? That's just ridiculous. Push button start, gear indicators, paddle shifters..... Bunch of frickin' whimps, they should go by a rice burner.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Guys
Take a look at this site
StarDrive - Push Button Ignition System

My question is does the Mustang have a steering lock release or override? If so This is perfect /
If not NG since you will have to incert the key to unlock then push to start, defeats the whole concept.

·
Registered
766 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Oh............. You mean a button you push a button and it starts? That's just ridiculous. Push button start, gear indicators, paddle shifters..... Bunch of frickin' whimps, they should go by a rice burner.
Push button start - maybe, was just interested in having a cool feature on my stang; gear indicators - nope, just have to look down at the shifter; paddle shifters - anyone who thinks a mustang should have paddle shifters should be shot on sight. Dan Gurney, Carroll Shelby, and Parnelli Jones didn't need paddle shifters, I don't need no stinkin paddle shifters.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.