Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone I have a few questions I wonder if you would answer them for me.

First off those crate 302 small block V8's that ford racing offers are they pushrod engines just like the good old 5.0?
Here is a link.
FastURL... Redirecting, please wait.... fordracingparts. com/crateengine/302smallblock. asp
The M-6007-XEFM that is the pushrod 302 right? It should be as easy to mod and responsive as the old pushrod 5. 0's right?
Assuming that those are the pushrod engines and they are just as responsive to mods if not more those things would be 100% legal to put in a 2002+ Mustang right? Its not putting an older engine in a newer Mustang it would be putting a newer engine in an older Mustang so that should be legal right?
Also just for thought to put one of those ford racing 302's in lets say a 2002+ Mustang GT I would have to change the ECU a long with a lot of other things I assume. It might be a real pain I would think. I don't see any other way to get a pushrod 5.0 in a new edge SN-95 though. Well anyway thanks for the advice in advance everyone.

·
Registered
122 Posts
how many times do you say "right?":headscratch:

·
Registered
297 Posts
yes, its a pushrod 5.0 just like the old 5.0's.

you would have to swap ut the ecm and it would be a real pain. i'd just mod the 4.6 motor. that would be easier. people have put a pushrod v8 into modular mustangs, so there are people on here that could help you out. i've seen alot of carbed pushrods in modular mustangs, so i'd also think the ecu issues and stuff are too much of a hassle.

·
Registered
46,010 Posts
Yes, it's a pushrod engine just like the standard 5.0.

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I could just leave the 4.6 in there but then that would be like following the crowd.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.