4,388 Posts
yeah...much needed! I like it :) alot!

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah...much needed! I like it :) alot!
Thank you!
After I put the air splitter on the '08, I could just "see" a chin spoiler on the '06. It was as if it came to me in a vision. :hihi:

U

·
0 Posts
Looks awesome Kimberly! I love the CDC Classic Chin, such a great spoiler. The lines make it look like a factory piece. :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
Well its not quite up to GT 500 standards, but I guess this will do.:hihi:

It looks great, it makes the lower grill stand out more too. I want one so bad I can't stand it. Congrats.:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
360 Posts
did you notice how much better your car handels on the freeway?and i liked how it is the same as th ford FR500 one.:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
Good choice, Kimberly.:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
389 Posts
That looks awesome! I don't think I'd be a fan of it if it wasn't color matched. I love Legend Lime. :)

S

·
0 Posts
Awesome Kimberly!:bigthumbsup

Is your 06 dropped at all? The color match is awesome and the CDC Classic was the perfect choice for you.

I love the grilles as well and the spoiler DOES help showcase the lower grille.

I want the same set up with the black upper and lower grilles on mine. Hopefully this summer I can scrape some cash for that. We're doing windows on the house right now so that's eating up our fun money.:happyhapp

·
Registered
633 Posts
looks great i am saving for the same thing i also want mine painted to match.how much did it cost for the chin spolier ,paint and if you paid to have it installed the whole thing if you dont mind me asking.and can you lower the car if you have one of these or not.i like it alot.

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
An excellent choice....I love the CDC chin spoiler.

·
Registered
633 Posts
man i cant decide between the classic or the arggressive.i know which one is the easier to install but hard to tell in pics which one i like the looks of the best.i like an aggressive look on my stang but just dont know about that point in the middle on the arg one kinda looks like a snow plow.i am just affraid after i get the classic installed it wont look aggresive enough for me. but then if i get the aggresive after installed might not like that point.somtimes stuff looks so diff in person.decisions decisions.:scratchchin

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
looks great i am saving for the same thing i also want mine painted to match.how much did it cost for the chin spolier ,paint and if you paid to have it installed the whole thing if you dont mind me asking.and can you lower the car if you have one of these or not.i like it alot.
Thank you all!!

I bought mine from RPIdesigns.com. They painted it. They're not the fastest folks around (nor the most communicative), but they did good work so I won't *****. I ordered it on 5/8 and received it 5/27.
(I paid $332.95 painted and delivered) NO need to pay to have it installed. It's a little tape and four screws. Monkeys could do it. Untrained monkeys at that!

I don't know if you can lower your car--I imagine you can though. Mine sits plenty low enough to suit me and it's already going to be a chore not to rip the chin spoiler off. I certainly do not need it any lower to the ground.

I waffled between the classic and aggressive myself. I will say though that there is no mistaking that the classic is there. That was part of my concern but it was completely unfounded. I'm very pleased. Good luck to you with your choice!

·
Registered
633 Posts
so ac/dc fan how well did the color match your car and is it clear coated.thats about what i taught it would cost me after geting it painted. i had my hood scoop painted for 50 dollars so i was thinking arround 75-100 for the spoilier its a little bigger than my roush hood scoop.so if they can paint it to match for close to that i would not have to bother taken it to my guy and then having to go pick it up later.i would just be nervous about it matching.thanks man i love your car thats the color i wanted but could not pass up the deal on my satin silver.red and white my favorite colors i am from alabama ( roll tide).:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
I personally like the classic spoiler over the aggressive. I've seen it in person and in my opinion the classic looks more "aggressive" than the aggressive spoiler.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
so ac/dc fan how well did the color match your car and is it clear coated.thats about what i taught it would cost me after geting it painted. i had my hood scoop painted for 50 dollars so i was thinking arround 75-100 for the spoilier its a little bigger than my roush hood scoop.so if they can paint it to match for close to that i would not have to bother taken it to my guy and then having to go pick it up later.i would just be nervous about it matching.thanks man i love your car thats the color i wanted but could not pass up the deal on my satin silver.red and white my favorite colors i am from alabama ( roll tide).:bigthumbsup
Thank you!
I think it matches perfectly. Can't say whether or not it's clearcoated (that wasn't addressed in the ad for it). I put a coat of wax on it after I installed it. I'll post some better pix in the next couple of days.
I called a local shop and he quoted me $100. But as someone on here pointed out, I didn't tell him that it would come textured and that would need to be sanded down before painting. So it may have cost more.
I've just never been that nervous about the color matching. They're going to mix up P1 Ford paint period---regardless of who does it. They're not going to try to "match" my car. My louvers aren't an exact match but I can live with it. Metallic paint is pretty forgiving.

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
The CDC Classic is my favorite spoiler.:bigthumbsup

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.