1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a chance to purchase a 351 small block
just wondering if that will fit in my 95 mustang
and how much trouble am i gonna have to get that to fit
even if it will fit can someone let me know what they think of this change over.

·
Registered
256 Posts
the headers might give you a headache but it should sill work, should be a nice conversion, alot of work, some parts changing but should be a nice finish

·
Registered
585 Posts
Even if the project becomes to much, I'd get the 351 anyway. You never may know what happens in the future that a spare engine can come in handy. God forbid any damage comes to your mustang, you have a backup engine to turn it into a drag car :)

·
Registered
2,148 Posts
A 351 swap into a 95 should be no different then swapping to a 5.0L

Remember the 95 Cobra R had a 351W (5.8L).

Best of all, if you keep all the emissions equipment and run fuel injection, it should be smog legal too, as a 351W was an optional engine for 95.

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
Swapping a 351 into a V6 mustang will take alot of work and alot of money. You would have to change K-member, front suspension, computer, tranny, rear, among other things!
Even tho the 351 was an option for the 95, the car was built for the v6 powerplant.

·
Registered
2,148 Posts
Its not that hard.

K members are the same, only difference on the suspension is the springs.

Yes some work is involved, but doing a trans and rear end swap is not that bad. The hardest part will probably be locating the stuff to do it. If you found a wrecked 94/95 GT that would be the route to go.

There is a guy out here in AZ selling a 95 Lightning motor for $450 less intake and accesories.

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
I would go for it if you have the knowledge. The money issue should not be too bad, plus you would have a 351 in the car and they sound nice... lol

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.