Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys im puting the 99-04 gt style hood scoop on my 97 ive seen this done a few times but im a little nervous about just having those tiny mount bolts holding it down on my hood with it just having the air constantly blowing in it when im driving. i would like a billet grill for it but idk what to do because the 99-04 gt hoods are different any ideas?

·
Registered
422 Posts
get a closed honeycomb grill or something that close it off so air cant flow into it and potentially rip it off the car at high speeds. Also, you can use some 3M adhesive to help keep it on there and not lift up a little where the bolts cant hold it down tight enough.

·
Registered
835 Posts
Those "little bolts held my scoop on @ over 170 mph so unless u plan on 200+ I think u r good... but I am and thats why I want a termi heat extractor hood. Plus they (termi hood) help w/ air downforce on the nose @ higher speeds.......

·
Banned
1,758 Posts
i wouldnt worry about it. if those bolts are what the come with factory, then there designed to hold the scoop on. if it does blow off while your driving, its installation error and not because of the bolts. if you really want to make sure it stays down stick it down with the 3m automotive double sided tape and then bolt it up.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.