Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm putting a 347 stroker into my mustang II, and as with any custom jobs, am having trouble finding an oil pan to fit over the rack. Does anyone have any suggestions on what oil pan i can use and where i can find one. Summit racing has come up dry on this. i find it very hard to believe that no one has done this before....any help would greatly be appreciated!!

·
Registered
245 Posts
you need a mustang 2 oil pan for a v-8 and motor mounts all 302 motor take the same bolt patern pan . good luck

·
Banned
12,436 Posts
oil pans can be custom modified to fit...find a good welder/fabricator and let them modify one if you can't find one "off the shelf"...I had to have custom headers made for my 427/95 build...no one makes long tubes for that swap

·
Registered
46 Posts
I recently put a 347 stroker in my II and had simiar problems. I was able to move the engine forward roughly a half an inch and lifted the front of the engine slightly (customizing the mounts) to overcome this. If I am not mistaken, you need the deeper oil pan to accommodate the longer stroke so a standard 302 pan may not work.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts