Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
3,962 Posts
If you are going forced induction I think I would rather have a good set of iron "anchors". That is a lot of power for a 302 and I would feel safer with iron bolted to more iron. I sure wouldnt blow $1000 bucks plus on a set of high flow aluminum heads because flow numbers are not going to be a big factor for you because they should flow whatever the turbo tells them to flow. Just like 25thFox said combustion chamber size should be your main concern.
That info is VERY wrong.

Let me refer you to the straw theory... If you try to blow through a very skinny straw, no matter how hard you blow, that skinny straw is going to limit how much air goes through it at one time. Get a bigger straw and you'll be able to push more air through it much easier.

That's like saying I can just throw a huge turbo or supercharger on my stock 302 and just make whatever HP numbers I can only dream of. It just doesn't work that way. And if it did why would anyone bother putting high dollar heads and intake on their cars instead of just spending $3K on a turbo?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.