Ford Mustang Forum banner

putting a turbo on a 302

13649 Views 12 Replies 8 Participants Last post by  michaelreynolds
HI im michael, im building a 302 for my 2.3l fox and i want to eventually put a turbo on it... (its not in my budget right now) but i also want to put some nitrous on it i have no idea what shot. i was wondering what i should do a single big turbo around a 70mm or 2 smaller turbos around 32mm... and on the single turbo how does that work with the headers going into a single collecter. i know turbos are pretty expensive the 70mm t-series from turbonetics is like 1400 (thats more than i have in the entire car including 302) haha but how much am i looking at for total? including piping, headers, turbo, intercooler, blow off valve, blow through carb, and if i forgot anything please tell me... and which is better 2 smaller turbos or one big one? and if anybody has a set up similar with all this about how much horse power am i looking at on spray with roller rockers, edelbrock performer, and 289 heads (smaller combustion chambers) intake and everything listed for the turbo...
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts
why do any forced induction? It's expensive as hell and a real pain...
I'd recommend doing a great stroker 331/347 in your 302...using a good block with forged internals and aluminum heads you can easily make 500hp...with a good NOS setup you'll be as fast as you want to be.
You really can't build a NOS then a turbo motor from the same internals, NOS loves compression, boost hates it.
As a final note, forget 289 heads or any other cast iron head for that matter, to build a shortblock of any note you MUST get aftermarket aluminum heads...the old boat anchors just don't flow enough to make big hp.
I do have a great stroker 347 forged rotating assembly for sale, if you are interested PM me...
1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.