Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
13,037 Posts
The single turbo set up is enough to split the block down the middle. I would get a piece of paper and start some research and homework. The tally will add up pretty quick with the turbo, piping, waste gate, bov, fuel, intake, clutch ect........It will all add up quicker than you know.

·
Registered
13,037 Posts
If you are going forced induction I think I would rather have a good set of iron "anchors". That is a lot of power for a 302 and I would feel safer with iron bolted to more iron. I sure wouldnt blow $1000 bucks plus on a set of high flow aluminum heads because flow numbers are not going to be a big factor for you because they should flow whatever the turbo tells them to flow. Just like 25thFox said combustion chamber size should be your main concern.
Sorry to tell you but that is ridiculous. Aluminum heads are far superior and will hold the power just fine without going :blowingup:. You can look at any car making serious hp and see that they have aluminum heads plus a freer flowing head will make more power with less boost hence working the engine less cause of efficiency.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.