Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New guy here. I just purchased a 2008 Mustang GT/CS about 3 weeks ago. Since then I've been reading alot on this forum and found alot of great info on different mods.

So far I've had a GT hood scoop installed (the dealership had it done as part of the deal) had the windows tinted (15%) and side window deflectors installed.

I've ordered Pypes O/R H pipe, MAC mufflers, C&L CAI, SCT X3 tuner with an 87 performance, 93 torque and 93 race tunes from Bamachips, rear clear side markers w/silver bulbs, black turn signals w/silver bulbs and web electric sequential tail lights.

Today I installed the H pipe and MAC mufflers but my tuner wont be here till tomorrow. I was wondering if its alright if I go ahead and fire it up so I can check out the new exhaust or do I need to wait till the tuner gets here and program it first before I fire it up?

Also when I installed the H pipe the top 02 sensor (green connector) on the passenger side is touching the tranny. When the threadolet was welded in the pipe it wasn't angled out as far as the factory one was. I tried adjusting it as much as possible but can't get it off the tranny. Is this going to be a problem? Should I not worry about it or should I call Brenspeed and see if the pipe was just welded up wrong and I should return it?

Thanks for any advice you guys can give me.

·
Premium Member
1965 Mustang coupe
72,878 Posts
You can run it but you'll get a P0420/P0430 DTC (cat efficiency below threshold) from the rear O2s. Not a big deal and won't hurt anything. You might need to get yourself a longer O2 extension for the front.

Welcome to the forums!

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
Welcome to AFM... Best of luck with your new mods.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys. I fired it up and it sounds SWEET. Gotta love that old school muscle car rumble.

stlwagon, not sure what you mean by a longer 02 extension. Right now its pointing straight into the tranny. If anything it needs to be shorter. I guess if it turns into a problem I could always take the pipe off and cut the weldolet out, adjust the angle and tig it back up.

·
Registered
4,388 Posts
welcome to AFM! Im sure Bamachips will help ya out. good mods you got goin on there :)

·
Premium Member
1965 Mustang coupe
72,878 Posts
Thanks guys. I fired it up and it sounds SWEET. Gotta love that old school muscle car rumble.

stlwagon, not sure what you mean by a longer 02 extension. Right now its pointing straight into the tranny. If anything it needs to be shorter. I guess if it turns into a problem I could always take the pipe off and cut the weldolet out, adjust the angle and tig it back up.
Gotcha... You could move the O2 bung if you need to. You don't want the harness to wear from rubbing the transmission.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.