Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guy's just joined the forum a couple dayz a go and very impressed about how all of you are devoted for you s197 and I am sure some more than you wife :bigthumbsup hahahahaha !!

bought a 2007 gt beginning of summer and now shopping for a good exhaust to turn the stock sound into what a real stang sshould sound like and I am hesitating between the Violators ans Pype-Bomb...... having a friend who has the Pype-Bomb he loves the sound but sometimes get frustated when he gets pulled over :nono:.

I would like to have a sound not to loud when driving normally but when pressing on the beast i want to hear it Growwwwwwwwwrrrrrr and i got told to go with the violators but would like to have some of your advice !!!! :)

Ramz007

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have the violators on my 05, after getting used to them I feel they are pretty quiet compared to some other V8 cars out there. They have a good sound to them, tame at cruising speeds with no drone, but pretty loud when you hammer it. Pypes is now selling a powder coated pype bomb that would look really sweet. Thinking about swapping them.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i think i am going to go with the violators even if they do less sound but i would not have to be pulled over every Block :D

·
Registered
572 Posts
I see you have a convertible. Us vert owners know that outside sound = inside sound when the top is up or down. Go with the one with less drone

·
Registered
9,721 Posts
. . . he loves the sound but sometimes get frustated when he gets pulled over :nono:.
sorry for going off topic, but this reminds me of one of the great mysteries of the universe:

Why can Harleys run open headers that would wake the dead, and never get pulled over?

·
Registered
12,666 Posts
I have Pype Bombs installed on my 07 GT vert and i love them. My GF doesn't sometimes but they are just right for me. Got balls when you get on it, but quiet when you're off the gas pedal.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
sorry for going off topic, but this reminds me of one of the great mysteries of the universe:

Why can Harleys run open headers that would wake the dead, and never get pulled over?

I have always the same thinking when i hear people say they got pulled over ... we get stopped with are cars when harleys pass and make cars alarms go on !?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? whats the point ??6 and never heard from a harley owner that they got pulled over anyways we have to live with it :worship

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have Pype Bombs installed on my 07 GT vert and i love them. My GF doesn't sometimes but they are just right for me. Got balls when you get on it, but quiet when you're off the gas pedal.
I think i am going to go with the violators for now and if its not enough i'll switch :smilie

·
Registered
2,543 Posts
Would we all feel better if they pulled all the Harley riders over as well? Do I get a vote? I vote we have ALL those annoying rice rockets and ricers pulled over...
Mechanical flies and fart cans.... :O The way we've been heading, I'm banking on everyone being pulled over for everything...

I was pulled over while driving my Harley. I guess the cop just expected the bike to be loud without even listening. I had a SuperTrap exhaust on it. At first the cop couldn't figure it out. When he came around back and saw the cap he didn't seem to know what to make of it. He had me start the bike and rev the engine for him. After a while he let me go with a warning (for what I have no idea as the bike was fully muffled and pretty quiet). I guess he had a bug up his butt about Harleys... Imagine that...

I just pulled a set of Violators off my car this past weekend and put the stock mufflers back on. The Violators sound good when you're on it but I just grew tired of the drone on the highway. It's not sever by any means, just tiring. I am convinced that moving the mufflers to the back of the Mustang was not a good move. I had Mac's on my 2000 GT that were WAY louder but I didn't find the drone on the highway as annoying as I've found the drone from the different mufflers I've had on my S197...

·
Registered
9,721 Posts
Would we all feel better if they pulled all the Harley riders over as well? . . . I was pulled over while driving my Harley. I guess the cop just expected the bike to be loud without even listening. . . .
OK, I stand corrected -- I guess the bikes DO get pulled over sometimes. I just think that if there is going to be a standard for noise level it should be applied consistently regardless of whether the source is a Harley or a ricer or a Mustang.

·
Registered
2,543 Posts
I still can't figure how you can get a ticket for not wearing a seat belt in a car yet bikes are still legal... Let me see, accident in a car with no seat belt versus accident on a bike... hmmm.....

NOW I wouldn't say that too loud as the Nanny Mom's that have taken over this Country might read that as bikes should be made illegal as opposed to the seat belt law is beyond what they should be dictating. (aka. Stay the heck out of my business)... Land of the Free, Home of the Whipped...

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
I've had both on my last GT. The violators sond the best with the stock manifolds or shotry headers, but if you plan on going with longtubes then get the pype bombs. The violators are chambered and they are unbaerable with LTs, which is why I had both typs on the car.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts