Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally I can share my experience with the installation of my back axle Pypes Violators. This was my first MOD, and it was a simple one. I only had difficulties with the passenger side one. for some reason if I go all the way in it will not match the other side. It will be in to far. So to fix that I had to pull it out about 1.25 inches from the stop.:gringreen Finally I got them to look almost perfect. I think :scratchchin

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1965 Mustang coupe
72,878 Posts
They look very nice... My guess is your passenger side overaxle pipe is too far forward. If you loosen at the band clamp where it meets the H, you can pull it back a little.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Look nice, good job! You will enjoy them.

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
Look great, i have the street pros with an off road x pipe.I installed mine a little higher (closer to the rear fascia).Mine are probably 1/2 inch away and have had no heat issues yet.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I had the same issue with my Flowmaster AT's on the passenger side and thanks to the advice of stlwagon it was easily fixed. They look really good. How do they sound?

·
Registered
971 Posts
Good idea, why I did not think of that:headscratch:
I will try it as soon as the weather clears.
Thanks for writing about your experiences......got the Violators but no car....yet:headscratch: Now I know what to be looking for. In the meantime, I am going to polish the back of the muffler can so it shines pretty nice after the install and YES, because I am bored and am trying to keep from buying more stuff before the car gets here:so.

·
Premium Member
1965 Mustang coupe
72,878 Posts
Thanks for writing about your experiences......got the Violators but no car....yet:headscratch: Now I know what to be looking for. In the meantime, I am going to polish the back of the muffler can so it shines pretty nice after the install and YES, because I am bored and am trying to keep from buying more stuff before the car gets here:so.
So when is the anticipated arrival? :scratchchin

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
They sound a lot better than the stock ones, the sound is deep and strong, I love them I can not wait for my C&L Diablo Tuner COMBO to arrive. Yes I could not wait.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I just installed my tune with my SCT X3 from Bamachips and it is a huge difference.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Need help I just got my C&L CAI and my Predator tuner, my question is do I install the CAI first and then the tune or the other way around. HelP sorry but I am a neewbee, lol thanks in advance

·
Registered
13 Posts
You're lucky, just removed a set because they droned like hell and the idle made it sound like a V6, guess I got a defective set

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.