Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On a 89 gt what are the quad shocks for. Does it hurt leaving them in for drags or can i remove then and still use as daily driver?????

·
Registered
30 Posts
You can remove them and still drive every day. However you can also just reverse them so that the small, rod end, is up top. I have a 91 GT with BFG 295/50/R15 rear tires, and it still retains the quad shocks!

·
Registered
4,809 Posts
You shouldnt remove them unless you have installed aftermarket control arms. Even then it doesnt hurt to leave them on. I leave them on with my Southside lift bars.

When you remove them on stock arms it tends to swing for no reason.

IMO Keep em on until you have control arms and tires that need that room.

·
Registered
6 Posts
the only use i know of having them is if u dump the clutch burnouts etc u dont get wheel hop .. so by removing them u might have wheel hop when doing stupid stuff otherwise i wouldnt worry driving sensibly without them u wont even know there gone

·
Registered
196 Posts
No wheel hop here, I have solid lower control arms and NO QUAD SHOCKS. no problems on or off the tracks.

·
Registered
654 Posts
Careful!!!

i wouldn't go crazy yet, you may not get driveability issues but over time the power put to those rubber bushings in the upper control arms will rip and the car will hop all the time, mostly when downshifting, i have this problem right now and it's really annoying.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.