Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Quarter louver removable

1K views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  stlwagon 
#1 ·
Try using dentil floss. It's thinner and will cut the tape better.
At least they didn't get your louver.
The nerve of some people.

#2 ·
Someone tried to borrow one of my Street Scene quarter louvers and
now it's separated form the 3m tape at the top. Should I try to use string
to cut the louver off or is there a easier way to remove it. I cut my stock
spoiler off with string and that went well but the louver is going to be a little
more difficult. I need to take it off so I can retape and reinstall.

#3 ·
OK, my response ended up before your initial post.
Freaky.
OR...maybe I'm psychic.:gringreen

#7 ·
I suggest the dental floss. less abrasive. once you are ready to re install your louver i suggest a new 3M product.

I just purchased a set of louvers and installed them on my car as well. the cool thing about them is they are attached with 3M "velcro".

no the regular "hook and loop" you may be accustomed to but a type that actually collapses on itself and is no thicker that a single side. see the attached photo of the louvers i just installed.

I am not exactly sure where to get this velcro (as my louvers came with it) but the stuff is awesome.

it performs well at speed and once it is attached it becomes more rigid and does not vibrate as you would expect the more traditional velcro.

I chose this type of attachment b/c i live in Michigan and salt is a problem in the winter.

good luck and let me know if you need the name of the guy i got mine from. maybe he can direct you to the place for the velcro.

Attachments

#9 ·
I have always used a hair dryer to soften the adhesive tape and then with a steady pull, the part will separate enough to cut the tape and pull the part away from the body of the car.

#12 ·
it sure did. they kept getting new hair dyers :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.