Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I've seen some pictures on forums and other websites of the 1999-2004 body style mustangs with quarter louvers and I really want to get some. And I'm not talking about those Xenon panels either. If you know where to get them, could you hook me up with a link because I haven't been able to find them anywhere

·
Registered
3,775 Posts
are you talking about the functional quarter that replace the window itself? if not those things are a waste, they WILL come off eventually

·
Registered
353 Posts
Where do you get a functional quarter louvers? I was considering fabricating my own...

·
Registered
3,775 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
300 dollars for that? wow.... they don't look good even...

·
Registered
6,158 Posts
theyre supposed to function well.. not look good

·
Registered
353 Posts
Yea but for the money you could make something that works just as well and still look decent....

·
Registered
6,158 Posts
no, when you design a part, your job is to make it work as well as it can not design it for some kid to buy because it "looks cool"

·
Registered
353 Posts
essentially its a plastic mold with a hole in it. They did a great job on designing it if it were say priced at half of what it is now. maybe if they took the time and put a bit more work in then it would be worth the price. I guess some people would probably like it but Functional Quarter Window Scoops! - Mustang Forums at StangNet That is an actual product worthy design... I am going to make mine after his. Just my opinion.

R

·
0 Posts
essentially its a plastic mold with a hole in it. They did a great job on designing it if it were say priced at half of what it is now. maybe if they took the time and put a bit more work in then it would be worth the price. I guess some people would probably like it but Functional Quarter Window Scoops! - Mustang Forums at StangNet That is an actual product worthy design... I am going to make mine after his. Just my opinion.
I'm sure you have a brilliant understanding of aerodynamics and physics then?
There is a reason why it looks the way it does. Venturi effect and the like...

Also, as for actual 1/4 window louvers, I saw them once a long time ago. I have not been able to find them since for 99-04.

·
Registered
3,775 Posts
I like how he says "I may never open the vents but at least the're real" sounds like the biggest waste of time in my life.....

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
I saw an article in MM&FF where a guy had a GT 350(i believe) new edge special edition. and had custom fitted some 60s/70s stang quarter louvers on, it looked really nice.

·
Registered
353 Posts
@David
I saw that when I was reading it.

@Redlyr
As for the product its just my opinion on it. Does it probably work good? Yes

Does it look worth 300 dollars? No

1 - 13 of 13 Posts