Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just got done installing my new 1/4 window louvers, Welt trim, and floor mats. Very quick and easy installation and look great! paint on louvers matches perfect on my alloy stang. anyone who is looking for a nice appearance mod i suggest these mods.

Attachments

·
Registered
550 Posts
Looks great. Just installed painted louvers and painted mirror covers myself. It does make it stand out more :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
11,864 Posts
looks good. man i want the welt on my doors, but it wont work on the basic door panels, only the ones with the insets like you have( i`m jealous) :)

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
looks awesome man:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
2,632 Posts
looks good. man i want the welt on my doors, but it wont work on the basic door panels, only the ones with the insets like you have( i`m jealous) :)
I'm in the same boat. Is there anyway to get the inserts?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I originally had the same problem with the welt trim it wouldn't stay in so I cut small thin pieces of double sided tape and placed them about 8 in apart on the part of welt that slides in the door and it holds it in well. Also it isn't noticeable unless your actually trying to look for it

·
Registered
18 Posts
I just have basic door panels and I was able to install the welt perfectly. All you have to do is trim off the insert side of the welt and then use "gel" superglue to put it into place. I connected the two ends with a trimmed toothpick. You could inspect it as close as you want and you would see nothing but a perfect factory looking install.

Attachments

·
Registered
210 Posts
The door welt trim looks great.

I was thinking of doing that but I have a contrasting color insert and thought it might look funny with three colors.

It looks great on yours though!

·
Registered
2,632 Posts
I just have basic door panels and I was able to install the welt perfectly. All you have to do is trim off the insert side of the welt and then use "gel" superglue to put it into place. I connected the two ends with a trimmed toothpick. You could inspect it as close as you want and you would see nothing but a perfect factory looking install.
Good to know. I think it would really help the basic door panels a lot

1 - 11 of 11 Posts