Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to this fourum and I have a question related to the louvers for the rear quarter windows. The ones I am looking at are the MRT louvers. I plan to keep this car a long time. If I should get these louvers should I be concerned about rust underneath in the future? Seems to me that these type of windows eventually get rust around the edges and you would never see it with the louvers covering. Any comments are appreciated.

·
Registered
202 Posts
I believe that you can remove the MRT louvers for cleaning, so you shouldn't have a problem. I know some of the members have them installed so they can tell you better than I can.

·
Registered
246 Posts
I have them installed. They are great. I was worried about rust underneath or how I would get them off if I wanted do, but after putting them on they were perfect. Easy to clean, and I doubt I will ever take them off. It is very much worth it, you will love the look with them on. Rust shouldnt be a problem as long as when you clean your car you clean around and under them and always keep an eye on them. Any more questions let me know.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks I appreciate the feedback. They are sharp looking.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
FordFreak said:
I believe that you can remove the MRT louvers for cleaning, so you shouldn't have a problem. I know some of the members have them installed so they can tell you better than I can.
The MRT are not removable... the Roush ones are... but I don't like the 3 bolt holes in the Roush... I love my MRT louvers! I've had the quarter window louvers since the fall... I just put the rear window louver last week... Both are great products!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.