Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys,

I just picked up a used 2011 V6 Premium Mustang w/ 10,830 miles on it.

I was wondering how I add the fog lights? There seems to be a spot for it already made...here is a picture of the front of my car.

As you can see there are two plastic spots where the fog lights can go. Is it as simple as buying the fog lights and placing them? Where can I buy the fog lights??

Thank you for all your help.

P.S. With a Premium v6 2011, do I have the whole ambient lighting system?? tried to do research could not find a straight answer.

Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
And I may sound like a newbie because this is my first car that I have purchased (been using a hand-me-down) and I know nothing about cars! But I freaking love the mustang!

B

·
0 Posts
Yes all Premium models have the ambient lighting that you can change.

You can do what I did and buy this foglight kit:
V6 Mustang Stuff: Custom 10-12 Fog Light Kit, Lighting, 3500

You need to shop around though because I got mine for $250ish. I'm not sure where the least expensive place is to find that kit.

I hope you enjoy your Mustang as much as I do, welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Based on the grill it doesn't look like a premium model. Does it have leather interior? Is it the 200a model? I thought all premium models came with fog lights. I guess it is just the pony or MCA packages then?

·
Registered
379 Posts
Only the Pony Package gets the fog lights from the factory.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Oops. That sucks. Thought all premium models did. What paying $26k+ and they can't even throw in a pair of bulbs that probably cost them all of $100 to produce? I guess every little thing is an upgrade. I would have thought at least the MCA package would have them.

·
Registered
360 Posts
I was thinking if I was looking to add fog lights and trick out my ride a bit, I might investigate the GT lamps and grill. I don't know if its just a pop-in for the V-6 grill location, but its a thought.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Oops. That sucks. Thought all premium models did. What paying $26k+ and they can't even throw in a pair of bulbs that probably cost them all of $100 to produce? I guess every little thing is an upgrade. I would have thought at least the MCA package would have them.
The MCA edition does have fog lamps.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

You need to shop around though because I got mine for $250ish. I'm not sure where the least expensive place is to find that kit.

Hey thanks. How hard were they to install?? Could I tell the dealer to just order and install it??

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
Hey thanks. How hard were they to install?? Could I tell the dealer to just order and install it??
They'll do it, but it'll cost you a bit. Dealers always charge a pretty penny for service.
I was thinking if I was looking to add fog lights and trick out my ride a bit, I might investigate the GT lamps and grill. I don't know if its just a pop-in for the V-6 grill location, but its a thought.
GT grill won't fit onto a V6 with a full bumper/fascia swap.

·
Registered
727 Posts

I got that kit. Just a word of caution. I´m not sure if its related or not, but my car started making weird things (high beams and turning lights turn on and flash on their own) afterwards since I installed these fog lamps.

I installed them per the instructions provided and they worked fine.

I disconnected the wiring harness from the fuse box and the car keeps on making the weird lights flashing so I´m not 100% sure these aftermarkets were the blame, but just in case.

The lighting provided by the lamps is quite a dissapointment though. they are barely noticeable when turned on.

·
Registered
2,666 Posts
The fog light kit is quite easy to install. Anyone with a little bit of patience and willingness to get the job done will find that working on the Mustang is a breeze.

I installed it in about an hour to hour and a half.

They look slick! And best part is that with the kit you will get automatic headlights. :gringreen

And a FYI. The bulbs are an H11

F

·
0 Posts
Hey arjunpunjab,

This is Deysha with Ford Customer Service. I found this Fog Lamp Kit; part # BR3Z-15200-AA on www.fordaccessoriesstore.com. I do recommend having your dealer install them. This install will come with 12 months or 12,000 miles (whichever comes first) of warranty. I hope this helps.

Deysha

·
Registered
268 Posts
The lighting provided by the lamps is quite a dissapointment though. they are barely noticeable when turned on.
Fog lamps are not designed to have as long a reach, as far as illumination is concerned. The designation "fog" generally means that the beam is wide, diffused, placed and aimed low so's to light up the road and painted lines immediately in front of the vehicle. This enables good vis in heavy fog conditions, and is meant for slow speed only. Folks that live in any coastal area know what I mean by heavy fog. 1/8 mile vis or less.

I find that there's a good deal of confusion when people discuss fog lights, vs driving lights which are meant to extend visibility farther down the road and help during high speed runs at night.

I find the v6 fogs are well done and placed appropriately low. They should be yellow though. The GT grill lights are placed where driving lights should be, but I have no knowledge of how effective they are as I don't own a GT. Do they give extended illumination range as their placement indicates?

Lately, the extra lights added to the front of cars are more of an affectation, and seem to be merely meant for style.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.