Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

question about 07-09 gt500 color options

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  my_lil_pony 
#1 ·
i sold my 06 gt, and im thinking of selling my camry (if needbe)

ive been looking for a shelby for some time now, and now that i can afford it, ive become a lil more picky about what options i want.

my question is this. does the 07-09 gt500 come in redfire/dark cherry? i think that this color would look good if i opted for the stripe delete. i stopped by my ford dealer and talked to a few people, but didnt get any solid answers.

i went to a gt500 paint striper website, and these colors are on there, but ive yet to see this color in person on a shelby of any kind.

any help?

#2 ·
Did the '07-'09 GT500 come in redfire/dark cherry?
No. The GT500 was not available in either redfire or dark candy apple red.

There are a couple threads in the GT500 section here on AFM that give breakdowns for all color combinations of '07 and '08 GT500s produced. For instance, tungsten stripes were available with alloy metallic paint on the GT500 only in 2007. But there were only 34 GT500s built in that specific color combination. So it would be a bad idea to decide that was the only combination you were looking for in a used GT500.

#3 ·
i didnt think they did, but was hoping.:) aside from black, and some select blues, the darker reds and magentas are my favorites. (my first 3 stangs were 5.0 foxes with either wild strawberry or electrik red paint) i even flirted with the idea of a red gt500, and just re-painting it....but i dont want to strip it of all value, so i passed on that idea.

as far as hunting a gt500 down, i do have certain wants and needs, but i will compromise to own a shelby. they are rare and valuable, and will be an "investment" over time

i looked at one yesterday. its a trade in at a chevy dealership that my aunt manages. they guy traded it in on a new ss camaro. im seriously thinking of getting this one. it doesnt have all the things i want, but its pretty close, and affordable at $34500 (high for used, but cheaper than msrp of still-new gt500s on lots in town)..best thing about it is, my aunt put a "hold" on it so it is sitting in the back lot and hasnt been detailed for resale yet. she gave me a week to make up my mind, and says that i might even get to use her employee discount. it my not be the shelby of my dreams, but all the stars are falling into place so i can at least get behind the wheel of one. :shiny:

car info.....
its a black standard 2007 gt500, de-striped, HID lights, KR hood, KR centered trunk lettering, red 2-tone interior, dash plaque, FRPP TVS suercharger-intake-ecu flash combo (dealer installed eguipped with a 1yr warranty) as well as a full JBA/borla exhaust. it has all that, with only 35000 miles..its got a few scratches in the paint, but i can get those fixed when the shelby scoops and a-47 mirrors get painted.:D lol

sucks about there not being any redfires or dcr shelbys though...that color would look sweet with some satin stripes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.