Ford Mustang Forum banner

question about 2006 mustang GT productions...

1118 Views 4 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  pcfrisch
are planing on making more GT's tis time? UNlike the 05's it was like 80% V6's or something. BUt i was just wondering if they were going to even it out, and make the same amount of GT's as V6's thanx!:drink:
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
I think the problem Ford runs into along with other car manufactures is with CAFE... which regulates the average fuel economy for a model of car... so Ford can only produce a mixture of V6 and V8 that average a certain MPG. Ford can pay a fine for going over this... but I'm not sure how much it is or how that works...
Here's a link on CAFE: http://www.mpgplus.org/perspective/cafe.html
It's our good government at work... :scream:
Baginoman said:
are planing on making more GT's tis time? UNlike the 05's it was like 80% V6's or something. BUt i was just wondering if they were going to even it out, and make the same amount of GT's as V6's thanx!:drink:
:eek:fftopic What would we ever do without big brother? :mad:
Freedoms slowly going down the sewer.
Yeah but you know what? Would you rather live here or in another country with no rules as to what car you can get, but have to deal with everything else?

I think your avatar says it all.

You give some, you get some.
pcfrisch said:
:eek:fftopic What would we ever do without big brother? :mad:
Freedoms slowly going down the sewer.
That's not the point I was trying to make.
But rather than get into a full blown discussion, I will leave it at that.
gabriel05 said:
Yeah but you know what? Would you rather live here or in another country with no rules as to what car you can get, but have to deal with everything else?

I think your avatar says it all.

You give some, you get some.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top