Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
are planing on making more GT's tis time? UNlike the 05's it was like 80% V6's or something. BUt i was just wondering if they were going to even it out, and make the same amount of GT's as V6's thanx!:drink:

·
Registered
67 Posts
Baginoman said:
are planing on making more GT's tis time? UNlike the 05's it was like 80% V6's or something. BUt i was just wondering if they were going to even it out, and make the same amount of GT's as V6's thanx!:drink:
I think the problem Ford runs into along with other car manufactures is with CAFE... which regulates the average fuel economy for a model of car... so Ford can only produce a mixture of V6 and V8 that average a certain MPG. Ford can pay a fine for going over this... but I'm not sure how much it is or how that works...
Here's a link on CAFE: http://www.mpgplus.org/perspective/cafe.html
It's our good government at work... :scream:

·
Registered
13,191 Posts
:eek:fftopic What would we ever do without big brother? :mad:
Freedoms slowly going down the sewer.

·
Registered
50 Posts
pcfrisch said:
:eek:fftopic What would we ever do without big brother? :mad:
Freedoms slowly going down the sewer.
Yeah but you know what? Would you rather live here or in another country with no rules as to what car you can get, but have to deal with everything else?

I think your avatar says it all.

You give some, you get some.

·
Registered
13,191 Posts
gabriel05 said:
Yeah but you know what? Would you rather live here or in another country with no rules as to what car you can get, but have to deal with everything else?

I think your avatar says it all.

You give some, you get some.
That's not the point I was trying to make.
But rather than get into a full blown discussion, I will leave it at that.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts