Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im planing to rebuild my motor but i wanted to know if i could do the .30 over and use the stock heads. im planing to replace them down the road but for now,also i want to use the cobra intake manifold would i have to change the injectors or anything else or can i just bolt it in. thanks :headscratch:

R

·
0 Posts
#1 you don't go .030 over unless the block needs it there is no real gain by doing so....

the 030 overbore is a means to clean up any defects in the cyl walls

if you are stroking then maybe.....

.030 = 4 cubic inches = marginal performance

but yes you can use your stock heads....

·
Registered
14 Posts
u can definitely go .030 overbore but i wouldn't go any bigger. I don't know what little gains u will get stock vs stock with .030 overbore i added some other parts when i did mine but it is said u do gain torque more than anything. Also keep in mind stock pistons are forged. and U have to change pistons when u bore it (im sure u know that) i went the cheap route for now with cast pistons. As far as the heads u shouldn't have any clearance issues assuming u get the right parts and u should have ur heads checked and all that good stuff before u put em back on. If u change the cam b sure to tell whoever is doing ur heads so they can check clearances. but with the little mods i do have she sure is fun. :gringreen

·
Registered
56 Posts
start bolting..

The list is almost endless to what you can add to the motor, just bolt on you can always upgrade injectors, and fuel pump. I always do those two together. If you have the money, full exhaust, throttle body, MAF, Injectors, and fuel pump, MSD 6, and coil.

You can do ignition first if your on a budget, but if you upgrade injectors i would recommend fuel pump, and MAF sensor at the same time, and of course a new fuel filter.

PS- If you are rebuilding the engine, add a DSS main support (Our blocks are only 2 bolt main, this support strengthens the bottom end beyond any 4 bolt main). Then your bottom end is built to handle serious power and abuse as you endlessly seek more power. Its never enough. I also added the windage tray.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.